News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Color change on bird.

Started by 62 Max, February 06, 2019, 10:28:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

62 Max

B5 will get you in trouble !! :o

Dave Kanofsky

Quote from: aerolith on February 10, 2019, 08:22:49 AM
Very interesting subject indeed! COLO(U)R CHANGING.

As we all know White and Black are not actual colors, nor is PINK, but who would paint a Birdie PINK??? :slap:

Someone in Wisconsin did, and they Participated in the Aero Meet in Elkhart Lake in 2017...
"God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him." John 3:17, NLT

Racers For Christ Chaplain (www.teamrfc.org)

alfaitalia

That looks surprisingly good!
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

tan top

Quote from: Dave Kanofsky on February 11, 2019, 09:42:34 AM

As we all know White and Black are not actual colors, nor is PINK, but who would paint a Birdie PINK??? :slap:

Someone in Wisconsin did, and they Participated in the Aero Meet in Elkhart Lake in 2017...

looks good in pink  :coolgleamA:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Stevetona

There was a real Superbird painted in pink here in Canada and was for sale on Kijiji near Toronto last year. Had a white top though. Was originally a green car if I remember.

Talkiemoparjr

Quote from: Dave Kanofsky on February 11, 2019, 09:42:34 AM

The blue Bird next to it is his and the pink one is hers if I remember correctly.

70 sublime

Quote from: Stevetona on February 11, 2019, 10:36:35 AM
There was a real Superbird painted in pink here in Canada and was for sale on Kijiji near Toronto last year. Had a white top though. Was originally a green car if I remember.

I remember that ad and yes the car was originally FJ5
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

XS29L9B2

Beautifull in panthère pink i love that
dodge charger 440 R/T match
dodge charger 70 projet daytona

hemi68charger

Quote from: aerolith on February 10, 2019, 08:45:58 AM
This Petty Bird was so hated by its UK owner he painted it RED, back in the day!

Peeky-boo....
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

odcics2

Quote from: aerolith on February 10, 2019, 08:45:58 AM
This Petty Bird was so hated by its UK owner he painted it RED, back in the day!

I always appreciate your comments and perspective...

:cheers:

I like that plate on the back: "Correct Direction"!!!   :2thumbs: 
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

DAY CLONA

Quote from: aerolith on February 10, 2019, 08:51:10 AM
He now owns this Birdie (LUCKY GUY) John Castleman... :cheers:

This Birdie was painted 'Black' when he bought it back in the late Eighties. :2thumbs:

Who would paint a B5 blue birdie Black? :brickwall:

Different (brush) strokes for different FOLKS... :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

I was thinking just the opposite: who would repaint a Black Superbird B5!... :D

aerolith

We all know that Blackbirds are real, but in the song ''there will be Bluebirds over the white cliffs of Dover'' they is not real lol... :nana:
Never send to know, for whom the bell tolls,
IT TOLLS FOR THEE...

John Donne 1623

aerolith

I remember a hot day in Cali, trying to fit a Black nosecone under a shade tree and boy was it HARD! :slap:

Every time we clamped up the 'Z bars' it would warp the metal and  look awful in the bright sunshine.
Whole thing had to be repainted again after fitment... :smash: :smash: :smash:
There were creases and scratches and fingerprints... :scratchchin: :scratchchin: :scratchchin:

Should have worn cotton-gloves methinks. :D :D :D
IT TOLLS FOR THEE...

John Donne 1623

aerolith

Are you a convert YET???
IT TOLLS FOR THEE...

John Donne 1623

aerolith

No wonder he got stopped, he's driving on the WRONG side of the road!!! :slap: :slap: :slap: :smilielol:

Is that CopCar blue with brown hood or black with brown hood, and a red light from a Tractor... :shruggy:
Either way it looks real FUGLY... :patrol: :patrol: :patrol:
IT TOLLS FOR THEE...

John Donne 1623

62 Max

Quote from: aerolith on February 14, 2019, 04:28:06 AM
No wonder he got stopped, he's driving on the WRONG side of the road!!! :slap: :slap: :slap: :smilielol:

Is that CopCar blue with brown hood or black with brown hood, and a red light from a Tractor... :shruggy:
Either way it looks real FUGLY... :patrol: :patrol: :patrol:

Actually it is an original 72 PA police car that was restored in the late 80's,I did the carburetor for that car.That picture was taken at the PA State Police academy just after the car was finished,the bird belongs to a very good friend that was in charge of the academy at that time.Our friend here "hemi68charger" knows him very well.

Also,the color is blue and gold,standard color for that year and unless you're in a different country,the side of the road is correct !  ;D

And there is only one real Blackbird   :scratchchin:

hemi68charger

Quote from: 62 Max on February 14, 2019, 09:38:53 AM

Our friend here "hemi68charger" knows him very well.

That's Dave !!!???   Now that I know that Superbird very well now, it is him !!!
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

winged69

Well I am a purist at heart. I had a yellowbird and the guy that bought it said there were thing he did not like ie including color.  I told him go order one, LOL.
I feel do not do a color change. There are not enough cars left out there for people to be picky. The value is in the original option sand colors.

There was a 70 hemi cuda at barrett  jan/19. It was an OK car but original color was F8 green with green bucket bench. It took I call a hard hit on value and in end 132,000usd.

And bad news unless you dunk the car and strip  white paint will always be showing up. Nice white paint showing thru nicks in B5 blue paint.

gtx6970

My only question would be is the sentimental value going to be affected by a color change ? Having owned it this long in white , will it still be - HIS - car if its a different color?
If the answer is  no to either, paint it any color so desired

Ive reached a point in my life we have to enjoy what we have  when we have it.
But I'll be honest , the purest in me is still trying to trump my thoughts to not let color be a such a major deciding factor for a car purchase.
Right now my 2 leading candidates are pale yellow one and a red one. Both white interiors, 2 colors that were never really on my 'want' list but they look killer with white interiors.

aerolith

Sorry for the Fugly comment 62 Max!

Just thinking the color scheme was not to my taste, didn't want to upset Folks, not my scene at all... :patriot: :patriot: :patriot:

My BAD!!! :slap: :slap: :slap:
IT TOLLS FOR THEE...

John Donne 1623

aerolith

Back on thread again.

B5 Blue would deffo be my choice over white but any Bird in any color would be wonderful to me! :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:

Been wrestling with a color change on my F8 green C500 to B5 for 15 years and I finally thought NO! :slap:
F8 is coolio and B5 could be hard to live with, even for B5 lovers like me? :scratchchin: :scratchchin: :scratchchin:

Vinyl wrap is the name of the game now and I saw a flat green wrapped supercar and thought it was awful, but others said it was ubercool???

Do what you gotta do, to make your life happy. :2thumbs: :cheers: :2thumbs:

Paint is just paint, the way things are going in Europe, they will be banned soon (fossil burning cars that is) in any COLOR! :shruggy:
IT TOLLS FOR THEE...

John Donne 1623

Dragon Slayer

Doesn't it all really come down to money?  White is not a favorite color in mopar world.  It seems to be a subtraction on value even on a wing car.  So if this is not a concourse car to begin with, where it would lose that status.  It comes down to the desire of the owner.  Does he want to spend the money to change color so that he/she has a better enjoyment of the car.  Given that it may not be recoverable money.  Like making an addition to a house.  You never get it all back, but you get some back, and have the added enjoyment of the modification.

Guy in my area bought non matching EK superbird.  440/4spd for insane money because he had to have it.  He then paid to have hemi installed.  He then paid to have it painted petty blue.  He then paid for a different more powerful hemi.  He has the money and he is happy.   The car is far past the point of any investment return.

But I bet he does not do it.  If he is asking for opinions, he/she probably is not really gun ho on the idea.  But if everyone told him yes, and you will double your money on the paint job or get it all back, they would probably do it.