News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

How many here use a car Cover?

Started by jefferson, February 07, 2019, 07:15:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jefferson

Curious, how many of you fellas here put a car cover over your charger when u park it back for the night/day/whatever,
mines always stored undercover in a garage, but that doesnt stop dust/grime accumilating over it, wondering if its worth buying a car cover/tarp tomorrow.
How many here do ? Is It worth it? Protection or any of that?

Ghoste

billssuperbird

CDN72SE

Mine is garaged with a car cover, more for protection when anyone (including myself) is carrying any kind of object that may scratch the car.
1972 Charger SE

Birdflu

On the contrary, ours are NEVER covered! I've never walked through an art museum (literally), but if I had, I'm assuming you'd never see sheets over the paintings! I like to see our cars when I'm in our garage!  :2thumbs:

kent

No dust collects on them during the off season? Maybe you don't see a off season? Enjoy them year long?
Kent

John_Kunkel

My covered cars still get dust, depends on the cover material.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

kent

What material would be the best all around?
Kent

70 sublime

I have used a car cover just to keep the fly crap off the car when it is inside the garage in front of the windows

The biggest pain I feel about a cover is the radio antenna
Next Charger I have painted pretty enough to deserve a cover will have a retractable antenna on it   
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

Alaskan_TA

Quote from: 70 sublime on February 07, 2019, 02:45:22 PM

I just remove it (I leave mine finger tight) & place it on top of the dash.

When the cover comes off for a drive, I screw it back in.

jefferson

Well, looks like tomorrow ill go and buy one, just hand washed my whole car today, so super nice and clean, looks awesome, so im set on buying a cover.
Now, the question, seems to be a fair few avaliable at the auto part store,
what one do i get? I guess material wise, and one that will keep dust, grime etc off the car so i dont have to bloody wash it once per week lmao.

Cheers fellas.

RiverRaider

I have used a car cover just to keep the fly crap off the car when it is inside the garage in front of the windows

Next Charger I have painted pretty enough to deserve a cover will have a retractable antenna on it   

There are plastic car cover radio antenna grommets that you could add to your cover. 
I got them off ebay but later found Summit has Scott Drake ones for less than $3.
My first Charger was a Stock Car.

mr. hemi

Radio delete.
You know you are vintage when someone says, "Back in the day", and you can dispute their facts.

mr. hemi

Quote from: jefferson on February 08, 2019, 07:23:42 AM
Well, looks like tomorrow ill go and buy one, just hand washed my whole car today, so super nice and clean, looks awesome, so im set on buying a cover.
Now, the question, seems to be a fair few avaliable at the auto part store,
what one do i get? I guess material wise, and one that will keep dust, grime etc off the car so i dont have to bloody wash it once per week lmao.

Cheers fellas.

I have had a California Car Covers "Tan Flannel" fitted cover on my Charger for 37 years. Yes, they are a bit pricey, but over that time period money well spent. It keeps the dust and (fly shite) off the car while sitting in the garage. I do not believe a moisture proof cover is a good idea. They need to be able to breath to prevent moisture being trapped under the cover.
You know you are vintage when someone says, "Back in the day", and you can dispute their facts.

70 sublime

I just made a hole in my cover for the antenna to stick through
A grommet might make the spot easier to find but to get the cover on top of the car and to keep it from touching the floor and getting grit on it is no easy
Always felt bad for how bent over the antenna was getting some times
A retractable antenna would solve that part of it ( for me anyways)   
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

polywideblock

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

Just 6T9 CHGR

My CoverCraft Evolution series has saved my paint from numerous chips & dings from me being a dumbass with stuff in the garage.....

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

6pkrtse

I use covers on my cars all winter long and also when I am out welding and grinding on other projects.
1963 Belvedere 413 Max Wedge
1970 Charger R/T S.E. 440 sixpack.
1970 Challenger R/T Drag Radial 528 Hemi
1970 Charger 500 S.E. 440 4 BBL
1970 Road Runner 383 4 BBL
1974 Chrysler New Yorker 440 4 BBL
1996 Dodge Ram 2500 V-10 488 cu in.
2004 Dodge Ram 3500 CTD Dually 6x6
2012 Challenger R/T Classic