News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

70 charger r/t door scoop clips ?

Started by charger_fan_4ever, February 07, 2019, 12:32:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

charger_fan_4ever

I did a search didn't come across anything.

Does anyone know if the 2 clips that go on the door scoops of the 70 r/t's are being reproduced ?

Thanks

bad88t-top

Unfortunately not.  I epoxy clips on the back of the scoops and they seem to work well.   if you want, you can drill holes thru the doors and scoops and counter sink a screen in the fiberglass.   I've seen it both ways and work well.
TX9 70 Charger RT: 6 pack, 4 speed, A33 Saddle interior, red stripe
EB7 70 Charger RT SE: PS, PB, PW, PSunroof, Defogger, Air, loaded
FC7 70 Charger RT: 440 4 speed, Dana, white longitudinal, black vinyl
EB5 70 Charger RT: 440 4 speed, Dana, B5 interior, white long stripe
EB5 70 Charger RT SE: V code 4speed A34, charcoal interior, loaded
F8 69 Charger: Power Sunroof Car
13 Duramax 2500HD: Tow Rig
17 Durango RT

charger_fan_4ever

70phil

What I did with mine is drill and tap where the clips go and put a bolt ( 8/32") in with the head cut off. I also put some loctite on the thread before screwing the bolt into the scoop from the back and I left a nut on the bolts so when the head is cut off the nut will re thread the bolt. So now when the bolt goes through the holes in the door all you have to do is a lock washer and nut. If you want you could also put apiece of felt around the bolts before mounting so to reduce water from entering.

DAY CLONA

Quote from: 70phil on February 16, 2019, 05:57:34 PM
What I did with mine is drill and tap where the clips go and put a bolt ( 8/32") in with the head cut off. I also put some loctite on the thread before screwing the bolt into the scoop from the back and I left a nut on the bolts so when the head is cut off the nut will re thread the bolt. So now when the bolt goes through the holes in the door all you have to do is a lock washer and nut. If you want you could also put apiece of felt around the bolts before mounting so to reduce water from entering.

I did pretty much the same thing except I used stainless steel set screws (rust prevention), as I felt the clips were a rather flimsy set up from the factory, I'd rather have a scoop bolted on than clipped...