News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Is This Superbird Known?

Started by mr. hemi, February 11, 2019, 09:50:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mr. hemi

I was looking through a nearly 40 year old note book of mine from back when I was actively looking for what would be known as "barn finds" today. I came across a note and a VIN for a Superbird. Wondered if this car is known or on anyone's radar. VIN is RM23V0A168749. I may have written the VIN down wrong, or possibly a mis-stamp, as my only notes state 440 4BBL, 4SPD, 32000 miles. Which would make it RM23U0A168749. The original colour was yellow I believe, although it was hard to tell and I never saw the data plate (hood was locked). I do not even recall where it was exactly, but probably was in Michigan or Eastern Ontario as that seems to be where I was searching at the time. Sorry, no photos. I had completely forgot about this until I looked through my old notes.
You know you are vintage when someone says, "Back in the day", and you can dispute their facts.

Dave Kanofsky

Check page 5 of the DSAC newsletter from Nov/Dec 2010, it has the U code VIN and a pic, and was from Ontario:

http://www.superbirdclub.com/Nov-Dec_2010.pdf
"God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him." John 3:17, NLT

Racers For Christ Chaplain (www.teamrfc.org)

mr. hemi

Yes, that is it in all it's glory. I thought it was yellow, not orange, but it was nearly 40 years ago and inside a dark garage when I saw it. I did not find that link with initial google searches. Someone drew it to my attention after I posted. That photo looks to be about the same time period I saw it, however the news letter is dated 2010, but not clear on the date of the photo.
You know you are vintage when someone says, "Back in the day", and you can dispute their facts.