News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

HEMI blocks

Started by Ryan.C, February 10, 2019, 03:07:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryan.C

Where to source a Gen II HEMI block? I have looked around online and called a few places but no luck.
There are few problems in life that cannot be solved with C-4.

c00nhunterjoe

Ryan.C

Cast Iron is fine. Looking for mostly street driving.

Nacho-RT74

I think somebody posted recently on board an ebay auction of NOS Hemi blocks on $50K rates... didn't ?
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

Ryan.C

So it looks like the HEMI block is not going to be reproduced anytime soon. Jegs and summit have them listed but are backordered with no projected delivery date.

c00nhunterjoe

Ryan.C

I have heard nothing but bad things about INDY's products and customer service.

I would like some positive feedback from members here about the company prior to ordering.

c00nhunterjoe

Their products are good. Their frontman leaves room for improvement. Depends on what day you get him.... ive run lots of indy parts from intakes to blocks without a physical part defect.  Ive had great conversations with russ, and ive also been hung up on.  It comes down to what you want and if you can get it anywhere else. If indy has it and noone else does.... then you have 2 options, buy it or dont build it. Ive yet to see a failed part be honored by any high performance company for what its worth. Its always your fault or your engine builders fault.

Ryan.C

Quote from: c00nhunterjoe on February 13, 2019, 02:09:14 PM
Their products are good. Their frontman leaves room for improvement. Depends on what day you get him.... ive run lots of indy parts from intakes to blocks without a physical part defect.  Ive had great conversations with russ, and ive also been hung up on.  It comes down to what you want and if you can get it anywhere else. If indy has it and noone else does.... then you have 2 options, buy it or dont build it. Ive yet to see a failed part be honored by any high performance company for what its worth. Its always your fault or your engine builders fault.

Good point. I guess they wouldn't still be in business all these years if all their stuff was trash.

Thanks.

Q5XX29

Consider contacting Tim Banning at FHO (ForHemisOnly)... he is now (part?) owner of Keith Black. He built me an IndyMaxx block stroker Hemi a few years ago, and then a Keith Black stroker Hemi a couple of years ago. Both phenomenal engines.
dakota_gt on Instagram