News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Superbird detail questions: grille and leaf springs

Started by hemi68charger, February 11, 2019, 12:09:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemi68charger

Hey gang...

Question..... (s)

1. The mess grille on the Superbird. I was always under the impression that it was painted body color, i.e, the complete nose was assembled and the grille got the coat of paint just as the rest of the nose.

2. The rear leaf springs: I know this may vary between assembly plants, so this is specific to Superbirds and their assembly plant ( Lynch Road ).... Were the leaf springs natural or assembled and painted as a complete unit prior to mating to differential and subsequently installed to the body? My gut says the leaf springs where painted.......

Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

DAY CLONA

Quote from: hemi68charger on February 11, 2019, 12:09:14 PM
Hey gang...

Question..... (s)

1. The mess grille on the Superbird. I was always under the impression that it was painted body color, i.e, the complete nose was assembled and the grille got the coat of paint just as the rest of the nose.

Correct...screws and all

hemi68charger

Quote from: DAY CLONA on February 11, 2019, 12:30:37 PM
Quote from: hemi68charger on February 11, 2019, 12:09:14 PM
Hey gang...

Question..... (s)

Correct...screws and all

Thanks Mike... Guess I should learn how to spell "Mesh" instead of Mess........ lol
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection