DodgeCharger.com Forum
February 16, 2019, 03:47:38 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: I have updated the list of DodgeCharger.com shirts!

Home   Help Calendar Login Register Chat  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Superbird detail questions: grille and leaf springs  (Read 143 times)
hemi68charger
Old Timer

Winged Duo..

« on: February 11, 2019, 11:09:14 AM »

Hey gang...

Question..... (s)

1. The mess grille on the Superbird. I was always under the impression that it was painted body color, i.e, the complete nose was assembled and the grille got the coat of paint just as the rest of the nose.

2. The rear leaf springs: I know this may vary between assembly plants, so this is specific to Superbirds and their assembly plant ( Lynch Road ).... Were the leaf springs natural or assembled and painted as a complete unit prior to mating to differential and subsequently installed to the body? My gut says the leaf springs where painted.......

Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Plymouth Superbird, 440 4-speed 3.54 Dana
Houston Mopar Club Connection
DAY CLONA
Old Timer

« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2019, 11:30:37 AM »

Hey gang...

Question..... (s)

1. The mess grille on the Superbird. I was always under the impression that it was painted body color, i.e, the complete nose was assembled and the grille got the coat of paint just as the rest of the nose.

Correct...screws and all

still winging it at www.officialdayclona.com
hemi68charger
Old Timer

Winged Duo..

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2019, 12:53:11 PM »

Hey gang...

Question..... (s)

Correct...screws and all

Thanks Mike... Guess I should learn how to spell "Mesh" instead of Mess........ lol

Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Plymouth Superbird, 440 4-speed 3.54 Dana
Houston Mopar Club Connection
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: