News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

70 charger installing TTI headers

Started by metcoll, February 12, 2019, 05:49:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

metcoll

soon to be installing TTI 17/8 headers on my 70 charger..its a 440 auto on floor with power steering...any tips or suggestions from anyone who has done similar combo....was it a headache or did it go fairly easy thx..

Al

Check your engine mounts, if they are used and don't have the correct height, clearance with your headers might become a problem when installing them.

Greets
Al
1968 Dodge Charger, 383, UU1

c00nhunterjoe

I run solid mounts and had 0 clearance issues with tti 2 1/8 tubes. If i had saggy mounts it may have hit on the k frame and possibly a torsion bar. But i have plenty of clearance all over.
 If the engine is in, put car on stands as high as possible. Remove spark plugs. removal of the mount bolts and jacking up the motor next. Right side will probably slip right in with the engine jacked up, left side may require cussing and removal of starter. Both sides of mine went on with no issues, with studs in the heads. I removed my torsion bars though.

c00nhunterjoe

c00nhunterjoe

c00nhunterjoe

kevs1969daytona

Had to put a racing starter on mine for clearance

c00nhunterjoe

Yes, the stock starter does not clear the ttis on my car. An off the shelf modern 3.9,5.2,5.9 starter is all you need and a good upgrade over the stock unit on all counts.

metcoll

would a 5.2 starter from a ram 1500 work

c00nhunterjoe