News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Guess who is doing what?

Started by Seabeckredneck, February 14, 2019, 09:36:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seabeckredneck

The nicest guy doing the nicest work :2thumbs:

hemi68charger

Saw that on his, or someone else's Facebook page... Where did he get the Superbird plug? if you know...
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

70Sbird

Saw this on FB as well. Is this a Superbird or a Daytona? I thought is was a Bird, but I don't see the places for the triangle pieces to go, unless he's building a clone and that area will be finished smooth?

Scott Faulkner

hemi68charger

Quote from: 70Sbird on February 14, 2019, 05:32:40 PM
Saw this on FB as well. Is this a Superbird or a Daytona? I thought is was a Bird, but I don't see the places for the triangle pieces to go, unless he's building a clone and that area will be finished smooth?

Based on what appears to be the outline of the original standard rear window channel of the car under the plug, my guess is Plymouth.
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Seabeckredneck

While it is a Superbird clone, it will be a race car version with no vinyl top or inserts.
  The plug was made by DonC1 just north of me in Canada

Aero426

Quote from: Seabeckredneck on February 15, 2019, 03:03:05 AM
While it is a Superbird clone, it will be a race car version with no vinyl top or inserts.

Are you going with a particular race paint livery for your car?

Seabeckredneck

Quote from: Aero426 on February 15, 2019, 03:53:05 PM
Quote from: Seabeckredneck on February 15, 2019, 03:03:05 AM

Are you going with a particular race paint livery for your car?

I'm leaning strongly towards Corporate Blue. Not only is it a good looking color, I've been a Richard Petty fan since the 60's.

XS29L9B2

dodge charger 440 R/T match
dodge charger 70 projet daytona

chargerbird

I stopped by Dave's shop and yes his is a very nice person and does great work... Look forwards to him getting a little bigger place so he can have more storage... :2thumbs:

triple_green

Will this be at the Cruise to the Creek next year?

Great job!
68 Charger 383 HP grandma car (the orignal 3X)

Seabeckredneck

Quote from: triple_green on February 17, 2019, 09:01:24 PM
Will this be at the Cruise to the Creek next year?

Great job!

Hi, I'm working on it as fast as I can afford... the speed of overtime! If it's not ready by then, I'll still have the Charger there.

Mytur Binsdirti

You're Babba Booey from the Howard Stern show?

RallyeMike

Sweet! How far is he taking it before it comes back to you?
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

Seabeckredneck

Quote from: RallyeMike on February 25, 2019, 07:52:19 PM
Sweet! How far is he taking it before it comes back to you?
Hey Mike,
  Dave welded in the rear window plug and also installed sub frame connectors and torque boxes.
  I'll be heading down there soon to pick up the car and bring it back here to Those Guys for a roll cage install.
  Then I'll have to take it back to Dave for more work including the dash work and headlight mechanism as he has used electric motors instead of a vacuum system.
  That's why I'm working so much overtime.

RallyeMike

QuoteThat's why I'm working so much overtime.

I can't think of a better way to spend it    :cheers:
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/