News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Is a rear end with "lockers" safe ?

Started by ACUDANUT, February 14, 2019, 09:17:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

c00nhunterjoe

A complete dana 60 will cost you 2200. Lots of variables. I say you own it so pop it in and see if you like it. Gaurentee to spin both tires. I like them. Others dont.

ACUDANUT

Thanks Joe. I will like them.  Both Tires spinning is a Must. !! :2thumbs:

erndog

I had a right rear axle break at mph 68 mph going into 4 gear on a dana 456 with a spool in it, the car did an immediate left hand turn right into the concrete wall crunch!!!

ACUDANUT

My Spool has aftermarket axles and they are much bigger than the factory ones.

c00nhunterjoe

I have 35 spline axles in my dana with slicks on the street. No problems

71GSSDemon

I must have missed something somewhere in the posts...Looks to me that is a spool, not what is typically called a "locker" from Detroit Corp.

c00nhunterjoe

It is a spool. Initially he wasnt sure what he had and thought it might be a locker.further inspection showed it was a spool

ACUDANUT

Quote from: c00nhunterjoe on December 07, 2020, 02:00:03 PM
It is a spool. Initially he wasnt sure what he had and thought it might be a locker.further inspection showed it was a spool
Guilty as charged. I did not know the lingo.  :cheers:

c00nhunterjoe

Quote from: ACUDANUT on December 07, 2020, 02:40:15 PM
Quote from: c00nhunterjoe on December 07, 2020, 02:00:03 PM
Guilty as charged. I did not know the lingo.  :cheers:

No guilt. Only stupid question is the one not asked.

Kern Dog

Come on, Joe. That is the polite but terribly inaccurate response. There are a LOT of stupid questions asked on these forums all the time. I've probably asked them before. The OP? I would not call him stupid. Some things you just don't know until you are told, some things you know for reasons you cannot explain.

c00nhunterjoe

Nah, if a person doesnt know the answer, i have no problem explaining it. I have a problem when i explain it, they dont listen, do it their way anyway, then come back asking the same question.