News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Our Daytona Clone...Should I Put The Plug In?

Started by A383Wing, August 20, 2005, 11:19:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daytona Guy

I know this is off the topic, but it does relate. Does anyone know where I can get some Vega rear window trim?

MoparYoungGun

Quote from: thallium on August 21, 2005, 11:15:23 AM
If you have the resources and 'know how' to put the plug in, I say do it.   Myself, I know I am not skilled enough to do it yet even though I would like to have the plug. So I'm not doing the plug, but I still think it looks nice without the plug.   Most people will not know the differnce about the plug, only us mopar freaks will know.     Your car is very nice, I would probably leave it alone if you do not have the time, money, and know how to finish it(unless it really really really bothers you), it looks really nice now.
:iagree: , I couldn't have said it better myself!

BigBlockSam

hey Dane
here is a link to some vega window trim, in good shape. Dane if you had to guess how many hours of work would it take to install the window plug and trunk lid . Rene

**Link Removed**
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

Brock Samson

So here's a question to the guys who've had the plug..

Just how hard is it to get into the trunk with the cut down trunk lid?.
I read an article back in the day where it said it was a major PITA to get a space saver spare out...

Daytona Guy

Quote from: BigBlockSam on August 21, 2005, 07:21:55 PM
hey Dane
here is a link to some vega window trim, in good shape. Dane if you had to guess how many hours of work would it take to install the window plug and trunk lid . Rene

**Link Removed**

Just put a bid in on it. Thanks

Daytona Guy

Quote from: Stratocharger on August 21, 2005, 08:14:41 PM
So here's a question to the guys who've had the plug..

Just how hard is it to get into the trunk with the cut down trunk lid?.
I read an article back in the day where it said it was a major PITA to get a space saver spare out...

As the the size of the trunk. I can get a full size tire in and out with out any trouble.

I do not keep track of the time put in so I cannot answer that. It does take a lot of time. You have to be creative, adaptive and resourceful.

BigBlockSam

i had a discussion with my helper. he said he thinks it'll take us 80 hrs. i said about 50 hrs. either way it's alot of work.
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

A383Wing

Thanks for all the replies guys.....still not sure which way to go....I will probably leave it the way it is. The color will never change....the wife picked out the color scheme.

Dane...good to hear from you....we need to get together seeing as how we are so close.

Chris...we will be at Sunbust, but will probably only bring the cream 66...just got the interior done.

A lot of you asked me for pictures of the car...I have 16 ready to forward to anyone who wants them. Email me at A383Wing@aol.com and I will send them to you.

Thanks all.....Bryan  :drive:

Daytona Guy

Hey, we ought to get AllblueRT's red clone yours and mine and have a Daytona clone show.  ;) ;D :yesnod: :icon_smile_cool: