News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

HellCat Parking Lot.

Started by hemi-hampton, February 16, 2019, 03:26:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemi-hampton

Have you ever seen that many Hellcats in one spot?

orange383

I have now!
They are seriously good looking cars!

VegasCharger

Yes, at every damn Mopar show.  :brickwall: :brickwall:

Kern Dog

cbrestorations

Quote from: VegasCharger on February 17, 2019, 01:26:28 AM
Yes, at every damn Mopar show.  :brickwall: :brickwall:

Lol yeah I agree, could care less about new mopars and their flashy underbody lights, twinkly color changing headlights or custom painted engine plastics. I walk right past a demon to go look at base model f8 green challenger

chargervert

Yeah,your right,its terrible that Mopar is still building high horsepowered cars for everyone!

Lennard

Quote from: chargervert on February 17, 2019, 10:59:36 AM
Yeah,your right,its terrible that Mopar is still building high horsepowered cars for everyone!
No it's not. What's terrible about it is that they take them to a car show. If I go to my local Chrysler dealer, I see the exact same cars in the lot.

chargervert

Yeah right,and if they stop showing up to the shows,then the show will dwindle away to the point where they no longer have a show. Too many classic car owners are getting too old,too tired or too afraid to take their old school cars out to shows these days.

Lennard

Quote from: chargervert on February 17, 2019, 11:19:47 AM
Too many classic car owners are getting too old,too tired or too afraid to take their old school cars out to shows these days.
Not the classic car owners I hang out with.

chargervert

The numbers have been dwildling at most of the shows that I go to,We lost the Englishtown Mopar show,that used to be a great show back in the eighties,even Carlisle has about half the old school Mopars it had 10 years ago. The modern Mopar numbers are way up,and account for almost half of the participants. I'm glad they are there and showing up in numbers that help to keep the show going for everyone.

cbrestorations

Quote from: chargervert on February 17, 2019, 11:36:48 AM
The numbers have been dwildling at most of the shows that I go to,We lost the Englishtown Mopar show,that used to be a great show back in the eighties,even Carlisle has about half the old school Mopars it had 10 years ago. The modern Mopar numbers are way up,and account for almost half of the participants. I'm glad they are there and showing up in numbers that help to keep the show going for everyone.

I'm not saying its a bad thing mopar has cars that still have power and sell good, just my opinion is I could give 2 shits about seeing one at a show is all. My opinion and don't care what anyone has to say. it's just me...I don't own any newer cars and would rather have a ratty 318 column shift 68 charger over a demon

BSB67

Pretty cool.

I stopped going to car shows 15 years ago.  Same old cars, same people, talking the same stories, most of which is BS.  Just got tired of going to the bigger events as well and watching a bunch of 440 B bodies running 14s and 15s.  Muscle cars, right?  Truly embarrassing.  Same vendors selling the same stuff.  And then the endless talk about what was original and what is the correct bolt. 

I'll probably start going back if I get more spare time, but if I do, it'll be because of the new stuff freshening up the hobby.

500" NA, Eddy head, pump gas, exhaust manifold with 2 1/2 exhaust with tailpipes
4150 lbs with driver, 3.23 gear, stock converter
11.68 @ 120.2 mph

Kern Dog

Quote from: BSB67 on February 17, 2019, 12:48:19 PM
Pretty cool.

I stopped going to car shows 15 years ago.  Same old cars, same people, talking the same stories, most of which is BS.  Just got tired of going to the bigger events as well and watching a bunch of 440 B bodies running 14s and 15s.  Muscle cars, right?  Truly embarrassing.  Same vendors selling the same stuff.  And then the endless talk about what was original and what is the correct bolt. 

I'll probably start going back if I get more spare time, but if I do, it'll be because of the new stuff freshening up the hobby.

Well, THAT is a depressing view of things.

I like seeing the high end Mopars at the shows. I can appreciate them since they are not the everyday V6 or 5.7 cars. I own a 2015 Challenger R/T and while it is a great car, it is also far more common than a R/T Scat pack, a Hellcat or Demon.
I've written it many times and am glad to see others agree, these late models are keeping many shows alive. YES, the classics are what I prefer to see but since so many classic car owners are not bringing their cars out in public, the shows would be really sparse without the late model cars filling the gaps.
I LOVE the car shows, the cruise in events and all of that. Maybe that is a contributing factor in why I hate the Fall and Winter so much.

odcics2

Quote from: chargervert on February 17, 2019, 10:59:36 AM

:smilielol:
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

odcics2

Regarding the original photo, the one to get would be a white one.
It'll be the rarest color, down the road...  :Twocents:
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

JB400

All those cars are probably 2015's being sublime.  It was discontinued until this year.

VegasCharger

I'd rather look at a 1976 Plymouth Volaré wagon, bone stock with a three on the tree, /6 than any new Challenger or Demon.

:cheers:

BSB67

Quote from: Kern Dog on February 17, 2019, 08:35:41 PM
Quote from: BSB67 on February 17, 2019, 12:48:19 PM
Pretty cool.

I stopped going to car shows 15 years ago.  Same old cars, same people, talking the same stories, most of which is BS.  Just got tired of going to the bigger events as well and watching a bunch of 440 B bodies running 14s and 15s.  Muscle cars, right?  Truly embarrassing.  Same vendors selling the same stuff.  And then the endless talk about what was original and what is the correct bolt.  

Well, THAT is a depressing view of things.

I like seeing the high end Mopars at the shows. I can appreciate them since they are not the everyday V6 or 5.7 cars. I own a 2015 Challenger R/T and while it is a great car, it is also far more common than a R/T Scat pack, a Hellcat or Demon.
I've written it many times and am glad to see others agree, these late models are keeping many shows alive. YES, the classics are what I prefer to see but since so many classic car owners are not bringing their cars out in public, the shows would be really sparse without the late model cars filling the gaps.
I LOVE the car shows, the cruise in events and all of that. Maybe that is a contributing factor in why I hate the Fall and Winter so much.

I've probably done this a bit longer too.  I was a member of the car club that sponsored the first Mopar Nationals, called the Chrysler Car Club Convention held at the Chrysler Proving Grounds in Chelsea, MI in 1981.

500" NA, Eddy head, pump gas, exhaust manifold with 2 1/2 exhaust with tailpipes
4150 lbs with driver, 3.23 gear, stock converter
11.68 @ 120.2 mph

ht4spd307

Quote from: chargervert on February 17, 2019, 11:36:48 AM
ONLY GETTING BIGGER OVER THIS SIDE OF THE POND                 https://www.facebook.com/221646825190524/photos/a.292240958131110/292248931463646/?type=3&theater&ifg=1

Q5XX29

I'm not big on the whole car show scene, either. When I fire up my F8 Demon, it's to head to the dragstrip. If I do go to a show, I always take an old one. Firing one of those up always give much more of a "sense of occasion", and gets my heart pumping much more than this new stuff (fast and impressive as it is).
dakota_gt on Instagram

cincyboy

So why do people think they are afraid to bring them out? 

Also I had this discussion with my neighbor last night as he came over to watch me disassembling my car.  He was talking about how the interest in this is dying and he watched some cars go at auction for cheap.  Then he proceeds to tell me the next generation is not interested in this kinda work.  His grandkids have no interest in his cars.   

THoughts?  I'm not sure I agree.... it seems there are more car restoration shows than ever?   The prices of cars keep going up?  They are exporting American Muscle daily. 

Possible issues:

1.  Time.   Dual income families who spend every free second on their kids million ball games and activities so afraid their kids wont have every opportunity they they canb .
2.  Space   Has this really changed?
3  Money?   Classsic cars are getting more expensive.
4   Maybe its just the old time car shoe is tired.  Most don't allow the JDM crowd which is the next generation possibly.  So it isolates them and strengthens their identity.   The music at these shows is often a bore.   Its kinda like an old church with elderly members that don't wanna change and thus will die out.  Thoughts?   

Mike DC

The Mopar world has a very hard division between the "new" and "old".  Chrysler didn't build any RWD muscle cars for 30 years.  Chevy & Ford guys have decades of cars stretching across the middle.  The far ends of the Chevy & Ford hobbies have more common ground.  

As for young guys now . . . they just don't have any goddamn money.  There are other contributing factors but none of them are half as big as this one.  

It's not just that they can't buy old cars.  It's deeper.  The financial barrier prevents a lot of guys from even developing the interest.  The hobby is so expensive that they feel like they can't even relate to it.  Are you interested in Lear jets or big yachts?  

Wingnut426

Shouldn't this be in the "Car guys discussion" area? Last time I checked a Hellcat is a Challenger.  :Twocents:
HEMI Daytona Convertible

INTMD8

Quote from: Wingnut426 on February 20, 2019, 10:03:27 AM
Shouldn't this be in the "Car guys discussion" area? Last time I checked a Hellcat is a Challenger.  :Twocents:

Did you ever check to see if they made a Charger version?  :Twocents:
69 Charger. 438ci Gen2 hemi. Flex fuel. Holley HP efi. 595rwhp 475rwtq

Wingnut426

LOTS of Chargers in the OPs pic!!!!  :Twocents:
HEMI Daytona Convertible