News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Sniper EFI fuel line

Started by Ryan.C, February 16, 2019, 12:29:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryan.C

I am at the point in my installation where I need to run a fuel line. The "kit" came with 20 FT of rubber EFI hose. I really don't like the idea of running 18 Ft of rubber along the bottom of my car. What are you guys that have already been there done that doing for a fuel line?
There are few problems in life that cannot be solved with C-4.

John_Kunkel

If the Sniper instructions don't specifically prohibit non-rubber lines, you can use whatever you like.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

WHITE AND RED 69

I ran 2 factory 3/8 steel lines in the stock location.  I trimmed off the ends and added AN fittings so I could attach the braided hose from the ends to the tank and throttle body.

The only pain is that I had to enlarge the hole in the torsion bar cross member to fit both lines through. Other than that it kept everything real clean.
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

Ryan.C

Quote from: WHITE AND RED 69 on February 16, 2019, 07:11:30 PM
I ran 2 factory 3/8 steel lines in the stock location.  I trimmed off the ends and added AN fittings so I could attach the braided hose from the ends to the tank and throttle body.

The only pain is that I had to enlarge the hole in the torsion bar cross member to fit both lines through. Other than that it kept everything real clean.

I love that solution  :2thumbs:

Thanks for that pic
There are few problems in life that cannot be solved with C-4.

flyinlow

PTFE braided ,shielded where appropriate or steel lines.

I tried standard braided ,but you could smell fuel vapors after a while.

Building the fuel delivery system is more work the EFi itself is.

TexasStroker

I would imagine the Sniper kit included a low-buck version of Earl's that is impervious to ethanol based fuel.  If it is straight rubber it is useless with today's gas.  I think my Terminator kit came with Earl's Super Stock hose.

The twin factory lines is a good option, you can bend your own, route the return opposite if it works better with your setup etc.

You'll be surprised how expensive some of the high end hose can be...kind of makes factory re-pops or SS look pretty good, lol.

That said, if the included hose is pressure rated and safe with ethanol blends, hang on to it as you will have a nice backup hose for roadside repairs or replacing flex lines every couple of years...that is exactly what I'll do with mine.
Founder, Amarillo Area Mopars
www.amarilloareamopars.com
Founder, Lone Star Mopars
www.lonestarmopars.com
Will set-up a regional Charger meet
Contact me for info!