News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

AMD full 1/4s fitment

Started by westcoastdodge, February 17, 2019, 10:50:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

westcoastdodge

hey guys just mocking the panels up on the charger,fitment is overall excellent however where the new roof skin fits the quarters it looks like the roof needs to be cut down where it meets the 1/4 panels,also the 1/4 panel is sat as far back as possible but looks like i may have to cut a slit in it near the door to get a gap.anyone else come across this  :shruggy: :2thumbs: :cheers:
I don't care what is is designed to do,I want to know what it can do.
Gene Kranz

Pat1973charger

I don't have mine welded in yet, but I have read that his say you need to remove the little backet from the roof rail in the 1/4 window area. They were saying to remove it, install and for your 1/4 and then reinstall the bracket, most likely not exactly on its original location. Also is it possible your door jamb is too far forward?

hemi-hampton

Fits better then my gaps did :brickwall:  LEON.

westcoastdodge

Quote from: Pat1973charger on February 17, 2019, 09:21:09 PM
I don't have mine welded in yet, but I have read that his say you need to remove the little backet from the roof rail in the 1/4 window area. They were saying to remove it, install and for your 1/4 and then reinstall the bracket, most likely not exactly on its original location. Also is it possible your door jamb is too far forward?
hi there Pat yep i see what you are saying and makes sense,i do know that they are not going to fit like the originals but both 1/4s fit well everywhere else even nice and tight around the original wheel house so not really much hope in getting them back any further.i suppose that cutting and splicing might be the only option :eek2:
Gene Kranz

westcoastdodge

Quote from: hemi-hampton on February 18, 2019, 07:20:01 PM
Fits better then my gaps did :brickwall:  LEON.
hemi,that gap is absolutely awful what did you do to sort it?? :'(
Gene Kranz

charger_fan_4ever

My 70's fit pretty good except rear window corners and beside the Dutchmen panel.
You may want to test fit your rear window mouldings. I used  AMD roofskin,1/4s, deck filler, tailpanel,rear valance.

hemi-hampton

Quote from: westcoastdodge on February 18, 2019, 08:43:26 PM
Fits better then my gaps did :brickwall:  LEON.

It wasn't easy, major surgury. I'm not sure how much I can blame on the cheap aftermarket parts or the hack ametuer body man before me that plasma cut out parts of a convertible & then just threw it into a hardtop body & did a extremely poor job, the worse job possible. And my Idiot Boss wanted to know what was taking me so long, He was a bigger clueless idiot the the body man that did the work before me. All the body lines looked new when I was done.I pulled off the impossible with this phoney 71 SS Chevelle convertible that was really a 307 Malibu hardtop at one time. Some one got ripped off.

westcoastdodge

Quote from: hemi-hampton on February 20, 2019, 09:21:17 PM
Quote from: westcoastdodge on February 18, 2019, 08:43:26 PM
Fits better then my gaps did :brickwall:  LEON.

It wasn't easy, major surgury. I'm not sure how much I can blame on the cheap aftermarket parts or the hack ametuer body man before me that plasma cut out parts of a convertible & then just threw it into a hardtop body & did a extremely poor job, the worse job possible. And my Idiot Boss wanted to know what was taking me so long, He was a bigger clueless idiot the the body man that did the work before me. All the body lines looked new when I was done.I pulled off the impossible with this phoney 71 SS Chevelle convertible that was really a 307 Malibu hardtop at one time. Some one got ripped off.

:2thumbs:
Gene Kranz

westcoastdodge

Quote from: Pat1973charger on February 17, 2019, 09:21:09 PM
hi Pat,right on the money with those brackets,just need moving back abit,all just screwed in position at the moment still need to remove to do some work underneath,blast and paint before final welding.needed to trim the roof at the rear troughs(where the lead filler goes) but overall more than happy
cheers guys
:cheers: :2thumbs: :coolgleamA: :popcrn:
Gene Kranz

Chargen69

we put an AMD roofskin on my charger with the orginal 1/4s in place and had to stretch the crap out of the drivers side to get it to drop in the drip rail.  amd said my guy must have put it on wrong because their stuff was, quote, "perfect"

westcoastdodge

Quote from: Chargen69 on February 27, 2019, 10:20:23 AM
we put an AMD roofskin on my charger with the orginal 1/4s in place and had to stretch the crap out of the drivers side to get it to drop in the drip rail.  amd said my guy must have put it on wrong because their stuff was, quote, "perfect"
hi there Chargen,not got the drip rails as yet so cannot really say how that will work out but looks like it will be ok(even on both sides but we will see) :scratchchin: :2thumbs:
Gene Kranz

Chargen69

maybe something was off on my car from the factory, who knows

Mike DC

How does the AMD backseat floor piece fit?  Any feedback on that one?

westcoastdodge

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on February 28, 2019, 12:27:27 PM

How does the AMD backseat floor piece fit?  Any feedback on that one?

hi there Mike DC,fit like a glove that piece,had to move the holes for the rear belts slightly tho :2thumbs: :cheers:
Gene Kranz

Mike DC

Quotehi there Mike DC,fit like a glove that piece,had to move the holes for the rear belts slightly tho 2thumbs cheers

Thanks.   :2thumbs: