News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

70 Charger front side marker lights retainer finish??

Started by kent, February 18, 2019, 08:12:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kent

Hey fellas. Was wondering what the finish is on the front marker light retainers on the 70's? Mine appears to be gold cadmium. I know the back ones are galvanized and are in great shape from being in the trunk out of the elements. The front ones are a different story. Slight pitting but in good shape. And like I said it has a slight goldish finish on the inside. And while I'm here what would you use to restore the factory finish look? Plating is not much of a option for me at this time.

Thanks in advance. Oh a picture or two would be nice.

Once more thank you for looking.
Kent

kent

Anybody :shruggy:

Here is a picture of what I'm talking about. "Retainer" is the only word I could find for this part. Anyway like I said the one on the left is for the rear lights. Near perfect. Galvanized finish. Even on the nuts.  But the one on the right is for the front. Open to the elements under the front fender. It was semi coated in undercoating and the finish did not hold up. As you can see it looks like a cadmium finish of sorts. And the nuts were galvanized but I polished them.
Once more any and all help much appreciated.
Kent