News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Upgrade brakes

Started by q8charger, February 22, 2019, 06:33:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

q8charger

Hello,

I like to upgrade my power brakes . Right now I'm using kit from doctor diff . I think i should start from Booster which is i'm Using Bendix Style Dual Diaphragm Booster .

What do you think guys should I change the Booster to the hydro boost ?? If yes where I can get One for my car 1969 charger

c00nhunterjoe

Do you need to upgrade or do you want to upgrade and why? What are you doing with the car? In short, the stock manual disc/drum setup is more then adequate for a street car and even a drag car. This setup stops my car in the 1/4 mile at 130 mph effortlessly with no fade or overheating.
   As far as upgrading, there are many options. I do like hydroboost, but there is nothing wrong with vacuum or manual. You can get all different size rotors and single piston through 4 piston calipers. The sky, and your wallet, is the limit.

garner7555

Have a look through this thread if you like the idea of using a modern OEM option at a reduced price.   I did this on my 69 with 14" Brembo 4 piston calipers up front.   I am running a vaccum booster currently, but will probably swap to a Hydroboost setup out of a junkyard at some point.      :2thumbs:      :Twocents:

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,122780.0.html
69 Charger 440 resto-mod