News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1969 Charger Sway Bar Brackets

Started by Wolfe440, February 26, 2019, 09:25:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wolfe440

For a 1969 Charger is there a source for new front sway bar brackets that bolt to the K-frame?

1charger69

I have an OEM sway bar all blasted and painted with new bushings installed ready to mount on the car.....if your interested email me at crookcharger@gmail.com for pics

kent

Year one has them. Around 35 bucks. For starters anyway.
Kent

Wolfe440

Quote from: 1charger69 on March 02, 2019, 03:28:16 PM
I have an OEM sway bar all blasted and painted with new bushings installed ready to mount on the car.....if your interested email me at crookcharger@gmail.com for pics

I already have a perfect sway bar and powder coated, I just need the brackets. But thank you anyway!

Wolfe440

Quote from: kent on March 02, 2019, 04:29:32 PM
Year one has them. Around 35 bucks. For starters anyway.

I looked at YearOne and did not see the kind I showed in the pic above. Have not called them yet, but will on Monday. Thx!

kent

I'm sorry Wolfe. I was just there and checked them out. Seen them for 1970 only.  Did a google search and came up empty handed.
Kent

paironines

I think someone in the B body Moparts classifieds sells the strap part but it needs welded to the bracket. Im using aftermarket brackets I purchased from PST or someplace long ago. Looks way different from original though.

Wolfe440

I did a search about a moth ago and only found used ones but they seem to always be sold with the sway bar.

One of my brackets is just a bit deformed in the arch, the other good but both ears are half missing. I could probably have a local machine shop repair them if no luck finding.   

green69rt

Put an ad in the swap meet section.

ALBSURE1091

Energy suspension sells a kit that bolts to K member. I installed on my car. To replace original bushings there really is no way around cutting and welding the original brackets so this was my next best option.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Energy-Suspension-5-5134G-7-8in-MOPAR-SWAY-BAR-ADAPTOR-SET/292024490556?epid=93729599&hash=item43fe041a3c:g:cN0AAOSwdGFYnVjC:rk:2:pf:0

68RT440

I just bought a set of the straps from the guy that makes them over on FBBO a couple of months ago. I haven't installed them yet but they look just like the originals.
1968 Charger R/T, matching numbers 440/727, black with green top and interior, currently getting restored by me

charger500440

Quote from: Wolfe440 on February 26, 2019, 09:25:02 PM
For a 1969 Charger is there a source for new front sway bar brackets that bolt to the K-frame?

Tony's now lists an OE 1969 sway bar assembly...

http://www.tonysparts.com/newproductsB.htm

1969 SE  383 Automatic
1969 500 440 Automatic