News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Fuel Tank Sending Unit

Started by q8charger, February 27, 2019, 01:34:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

q8charger

Hello

I have problem with the Fuel Tank Sending Unit not reading correctly. For example if the fuel Tank is full it show on the fuel gages it's Half !!!  

I checked  the fuel gages work correctly !! So I believe 100% from the Fuel Tank Sending Unit . Where I can get the Right one for 1969 charger the output 3/8

BLK 68 R/T

Paul G

You can try this; remove the sending unit from the tank. Make a ground conection from the sending unit to the chassis. Conect the signal wire back on the sending unit and manually raise the arm all the way up, go see what the gauge reads.

If it is reading full you need to bend the arm so the float sits lower in the tank.

If it still reads half, your screwed. 

I have dialed in all of the sending units I have played with to read mostly full when the tank is full, and close to empty when the tank is close to empty. Empty is more important than full. 
1972 Charger Topper Special, 360ci, 46RH OD trans, 8 3/4 sure grip with 3.91 gear, 14.93@92 mph.
1973 Charger Rallye, 4 speed, muscle rat. Whatever engine right now?

Mopars Unlimited of Arizona

http://www.moparsaz.com/#

Sixt8Chrgr

Yep, you will have to bend the float rod to get it dialed in.

q8charger

So i can't find correct sending until any where

maxwellwedge

NOS work.....but are 100's of $'s if you can find one.
The re-pops are junk.

q8charger

Quote from: maxwellwedge on September 20, 2019, 09:31:52 AM
The re-pops are junk.

Well do you have a correct NOS part number please? I find some of NOS on the eBay . My original engine was 318 Right now 440 . It could be need to change the fuel gauge !!!

q8charger

Any one know how to bend the float rod ??

maxwellwedge

Quote from: q8charger on September 20, 2019, 09:39:52 AM
Quote from: maxwellwedge on September 20, 2019, 09:31:52 AM
The re-pops are junk.

Well do you have a correct NOS part number please? I find some of NOS on the eBay . My original engine was 318 Right now 440 . It could be need to change the fuel gauge !!!
Well....A proper 440/426 sending unit would have the fuel return line on it as well as the larger main line.
When you put the 440 in - did you change the fuel lines to 440 specs?
The fuel gauges were all the same.

q8charger

Yes i did I changed the fuel line to the  3/8 and No return .