News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

My '69 Charger 500's grille is a little closer to OEM correct..

Started by hemi68charger, June 24, 2010, 09:03:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mopar346

Quote from: XS29LA47V21

Mike
I will email some good photos.
/quote]

These are the pictures requested.

mopar346

Any chance of getting the measurements on the brackets welded(?) to the 68 headlight buckets to mount it to the 69 support? Sorry to ask so much but I'm just trying to fill in the blanks that I'm missing.

Thanks in advance, Kevin

hemi68charger

Quote from: mopar346 on September 17, 2019, 07:36:32 PM
Any chance of getting the measurements on the brackets welded(?) to the 68 headlight buckets to mount it to the 69 support? Sorry to ask so much but I'm just trying to fill in the blanks that I'm missing.

Thanks in advance, Kevin

Hello Kevin...
I will be home Friday, away at a Conference now....... Then I can take some pictures and measurements this weekend..
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

mopar346

Thanks Troy, that would be awesome. I may start a thread when I go to assemble my grille and list all the grille threads I have referenced, the information I have gathered and the actual recreation and reassembly of the entire grill set up so it's all in one place. My only hesitation on that is there are already 5 or 6 threads that I can find so yet another seems like overkill, maybe just a simple listing of all the threads and folks can add links as new threads pop up, not so much information in the thread just links.

krops cars

I know nothing about the 500 grille. Did I not read that it is like a Coronet grille?

mopar346

Yes but more than just a grille change and a high percentage of the parts needed are from a 68 Coronet, the few specialty pars are the kicker.

krops cars

chargervert

This thread is from back when Troy had my old Charger 500!  He has had ten other cars since then!

hemi68charger

Quote from: chargervert on September 18, 2019, 01:31:48 PM
This thread is from back when Troy had my old Charger 500!  He has had ten other cars since then!

Yeap, but the one that remained constant the whole time is the Daytona (from the time I got it and that story in itself is a long one with a happy ending)
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

mopar346

And the information is still great for a newby to the model trying to figure out the missing pieces. Pictures and measurements are making my search much easier and much more accurate.

mopar346

Quote from: hemi68charger on September 18, 2019, 06:38:38 AM
Quote from: mopar346 on September 17, 2019, 07:36:32 PM

Thanks in advance, Kevin

Hello Kevin...
I will be home Friday, away at a Conference now....... Then I can take some pictures and measurements this weekend..

Not that it's pressing but did you have a chance to measure those brackets? Measurements of the up rights would be great too.

Thank in advance, Kevin