News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

How much does a color change hurt the value of a 500?

Started by mopar346, August 14, 2019, 09:09:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aerolith

Hi 346,
F8 is the best, :cheers: especially with a BLACK interior and a 4-speed LOL :drool5:
Yep I've toyed with a F8 colour change for many years on my C500 too, but I'm so GLAD I didn't... :slap:

High impact colours can be great for a while but F8 is a true classic Gen-2 Charger covering!
All my Charger R/T's (x3) have been F8 and we always said, ''when they are repainted, they is coolio'' :notworthy:

A good friend with a 70 GTX in Burnt Orange Metallic, spent 20 years+ trying to colour change his car.
It was in primer for ever and the day he came to paint it he saw the light and went Burnt Orange, whooppee.
Still the nicest 70 Gtx I have ever seen...
Never send to know, for whom the bell tolls,
IT TOLLS FOR THEE...

John Donne 1623

aerolith

Some Folks even fit Shiney wheels too, how could they? :slap: :smilielol: :coolgleamA:
IT TOLLS FOR THEE...

John Donne 1623

mopar346

Very nice, black or white gut would break it up and make it much more tolerable. Wheels will be another conversation but my first thought is 15 inch Magnums, I have a set of cop wheels for a Nascar look, not really feeling it though. Decision, decisions.

C500

Quote from: mopar346 on September 02, 2019, 08:29:01 PM
Very nice, black or white gut would break it up and make it much more tolerable. Wheels will be another conversation but my first thought is 15 inch Magnums, I have a set of cop wheels for a Nascar look, not really feeling it though. Decision, decisions.

Did you check out the two threads I linked, one with the poll?
"An aggressive exterior with power to match was enough to pull in the performance boys-especially when abetted by a pair of pipes blaring out the back, and brawny red-sidewall rubber hitting the pavement."  

"........the four speed box changes cogs with the precision of a sharp axe striking soft pine."

mopar346

Yes and I found a 3rd one hidden in one of those.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,16329.0.html

Seems a lot of people with F8 500 wish they were different colors but a few like it. Reality for me is that if I change the color it will bug me to no end and I'll have to off the car because I wouldn't enjoy it. My enjoyment is more about driving them and you cant see the paint too much from the driver's seat so F8 it will be. Now the interior is the question, I think I'll go back with the F8 since it's so complete and mostly done and if I find I cant live with it, I'll switch the seats and door panels to white and try that. I'd love white with red gut if anyone wants to trade. ;D

Is there a color break down on the known 500s? ie 15% red, 24% orange, 85% F8

aerolith

Loving those percentages fella!
Aren't they supposed to add up to around 100? :scratchchin:

If you paint the hood and fender tops black then the rest of the car don't matter... :2thumbs:
IT TOLLS FOR THEE...

John Donne 1623

mopar346

Loving those percentages fella!
Aren't they supposed to add up to around 100? :scratchchin:

Well it was more of an example of what I was asking but I think the 85% F8 is close to correct. :yesnod:

aerolith

If F8 was so BAD, why did 75% get painted a HORRIBLE metallic green? :smilielol: :slap: :eek2:
IT TOLLS FOR THEE...

John Donne 1623

aerolith

IT TOLLS FOR THEE...

John Donne 1623

RallyeMike

QuoteIs there a color break down on the known 500s? ie 15% red, 24% orange, 85% F8

Nobody knows for sure, but I count 25/101 (25%) as F8 from the google spreadsheet registry. 101 cars is a reasonable statistical sampling. R4 is next most common color.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1nOP_jm5OHD6FTiF2e4S83W0Lc55cVFCds3fiwwBsE-g/edit#gid=0
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

Ghoste

Green was popular at that time for cars.  Look across the spectrum and you can see it was the flavor of the day for all vehicles. 

b5blue

Just look inside a home from the same era, burnt orange/brown or avocado green appliances with gold fleck counters, deep pile shag carpet red gold orange and green to complement or contrast your Naugahyde cushioned living room's seating.  :eek2: As a young teen I use to gag at the color pallet of my parents picks.   

fc7_plumcrazy

Quote from: mopar346 on August 21, 2019, 04:32:27 PM
I try to stay with "elite" cars so not interested in a 383 changed to a 440, but don't care if the 440 is the born with block, same for 340 cars need to be a 340 not converted to a BB, probably wouldn't buy a 318 or 383 car period. I would buy a 340/440 car with a 318/383 in it cause I can fix that. And I will change to 6 packs or buy a non-6 pack car with a 6 pack in a heart beat, in fact I'm pretty sure my 500 will end up with a 6 pack on it, got one just sitting there so why not. Not into converted 4 speed cars, must be original 4 speed or the automatic goes back in it. Original metal of course trumps all, I'd actually rather have all beater type survivors as long as their honest cars. I'll buy a roller or a disassembled project without hesitation but the proper scrutiny, I have lots of parts so I don't get nickeled and dimed to death, unless I think about what they cost me over the years, which I don't. Not into clones at all but might buy one at the right price to disassemble and scavenge good parts off of. And I reserve the right to double back on any of this!

So now you know where I stand cause I know you were all concerned. :icon_smile_cool:

+1

you are not alone ;-))

Carsten

odcics2

Quote from: b5blue on September 16, 2019, 10:05:10 AM
  Just look inside a home from the same era, burnt orange/brown or avocado green appliances with gold fleck counters, deep pile shag carpet red gold orange and green to complement or contrast your Naugahyde cushioned living room's seating.  :eek2: As a young teen I use to gag at the color pallet of my parents picks.   

And you wonder why kids got into drugs!    :smilielol:
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?