News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Rust Be Gone! (Had Rust Repaired On My Dodge Ram).....And Now This.....

Started by Old Moparz, March 06, 2019, 05:07:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike DC

This does sound ripe for media or legal action. 

There's no gray area about what happened.  Nor is there any gray area for who is at fault.  And establishing a fair price is a very straightforward normal procedure. 

Old Moparz

Finally fixed my truck......Again.  ::)

The timeline of events isn't over yet either, I have only collected less than half of the money owed to me. The damage was on 12-31-19, but the head douchebag at the tire shop kept trying to haggle the payment down & refused to pay even the lowest estimate in full. I send him a certified letter to tell him that if he doesn't pay me to get the truck fixed it's going to cost him even more going to court. He calls me after getting the letter & finally agrees to pay, but says he wants me to sign a letter stating that he paid in full & the issue is resolved. I agree & leave work to go to the tire shop to get a check.

So I'm sitting in tire douche's office with him & he's on his computer setting up the printer to print a check & the letter. After making me wait 20 minutes he prints the letter he wants signed telling me that the check is for full payment. I read it, see that it's for $1200 & not the $1600+ & tell him,"WE'RE DONE, I'LL SEE YOU IN COURT!"

Now he has some stupid look on his face like he has no idea why I won't take his check & says, "Where are you going? Why won't you take my check?"

I tell him, "You wasted my time, I asked you on the phone if the check was going to be for the full amount & made out to me & you said yes. This is why I will see you in court."

My voice was raised so his douchebag manager came in to see what was going on. He gets between me & the head tire douche & says, "Please keep it down, I have customers here."

I'm already heading for the door but tell him, "I don't care if you have customers, my truck is screwed up because of incompetence in this place & I want it fixed."

As I'm leaving he pulls the door shut & says, "Get the fuck out of here!"

Real professionals at their finest.  ::)

I went straight to the courthouse, picked up the forms I needed & started the process to sue the tire shop. Now it's April & before the judge hears the case he sends us into a room with an arbitrator. I'm asked to tell my side of the story & I do. Tire douche tells his side but also adds that I showed up at his shop drunk, yelling & threatening him.  :smilielol:

The arbitrator seems to take his side & asked me why I don't want to settle if he's willing to pay. I have to reexplain to this idiot that tire douche is full of crap, has been lying to me since day one & I have no reason whatsoever to believe he's going to pay me at all. The arbitrator tells me that whether I think I have a case or not that the judge may not rule in my favor & that I'm taking a huge chance by not accepting tire douche's offer.

I got up & said "WE'RE DONE, I'LL SEE THE JUDGE IN COURT!"

That's what I did & won the decision. I had three estimates, photos, copies of all my letters that wasted my time & the tire receipt that had a note from tire douche saying that the shop damaged the truck & that he'd pay for the repair. I refused to pay him for the tires unless that note was added to the receipt which is clearly what prompted the judge to tell tire douche to pay up.  :D

Anyway, I've been sent two checks so far totaling just under half of the repair estimate. It was enough to at least let me get the truck fixed without having to eat the entire cost myself. If he stops sending me checks I'll go back to the court & have them collect the rest.

Here are the After-After-Before & the After-After-After pics....  :lol:

That's just sanding dust above the rear wheel, not a scuff. And the paint is a bit off from the door to the bed but I can live with it.
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

Old Moparz

Quote from: will on February 02, 2020, 02:23:45 PM
Care to name names for those of us who are local to you?

I will but I do want to collect the rest of my money first. The last thing I need right now is for tire douche to go crying to the court saying defamation. He's a lying sack of s**t so I have no doubt that he'd try whatever possible to avoid paying the rest.

It'll be fun to start posting the negative crap about this guy's tire shop because it's all true & will have court documentation to back up the claim.  :cheers:
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus