News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Any FORD 2012 Escape owners here ?

Started by ACUDANUT, March 08, 2019, 02:21:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ACUDANUT

My Wife's car is what... 6-7 years old and the RUST on it makes it look like it's a 20 year old car.  :flame: :brickwall:

Q5XX29

Yes, I bought one for my oldest son, back in 2014, and it has been a fantastic vehicle, as far as reliability, handling on our crappy winter snow and ice, and it is even pretty fun to drive. HOWEVER, we also were unimpressed with the rust forming behind/above the rear wheels. Last fall, I invested about $1500 in having my buddy at the body shop cut out the rust in these areas and he matched the paint beautifully, and now it looks like a respectable vehicle again. Cripes, we only have about 50,000 miles on it.
dakota_gt on Instagram

alfaitalia

That's real poor in this day and age.....most cars built in Europe have fully galvanised shells since before 2000...Audis/Porsches since 1985!...thought rust was a thing of the past. When I was young anything over 7 or 8 years was a rusting wreck especially if it was British, Japanese or Italian!!  .....hardly see any rust on cars now....even with our salty winter roads!! My old 150,000mile 2009 Alfa is galvanised....not a spec of rust...if you chip the paint the metal under it stays shiny silver. No excuse for rusty car these days.
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

odcics2

I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

alfaitalia

My 2004 WJ Grand Cherokee had just started to rust through the rear fenders (tiny pimples appearing from behind the paint...) when I sold it. 145,000miles and about 12 years old at the time so not too bad. I was lead to believe that Austrian built Jeeps were galvanised (mine was built there ....no so the US built ones I'm told). I was either not true or done poorly.
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

ACUDANUT

Quality is Job #1.  JOKE
I got online and found
Hundreds of Thousands of the same complaint for 2012.  WTF
Ford owes me !!

odcics2

Quote from: ACUDANUT on March 09, 2019, 10:25:51 AM
Quality is Job #1.  JOKE
I got online and found
Hundreds of Thousands of the same complaint for 2012.  WTF
Ford owes me !!

Start a class action lawsuit.   :yesnod:
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

Aero426

If you have an 08-12 Escape with the 6F35 6 speed auto,  check the driver side half shaft for fluid leaks at the seal on the side case.    Very common on these transmissions used in that vintage of Escape, Fusion, etc.   Not an expensive repair to have performed, but if unaddressed,  it will kill the trans.