News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Mini starters

Started by J-440, March 09, 2019, 03:12:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J-440

Does any company make a mini starter that will slip right through the hole of some TTI headers for a 440? My Powermaster mini starter finally took a crap and I separated that thing into 3 pieces to pull it out.  I really don't want to loosen the header to install the newer starter.  Thanks.
68 R/T, 440/727 6-speed, SC G-machine...black suede

mopar0166

That's a good question,  space gets tight with headers.   This is something always on my mind because if the starter were to fail on the road, your in for some serious fun to replace it on the fly.   

I'm interested to see what might be new out there    :popcrn: :cheers:

GreenMachine

I can't say which ones will fit, but I can say the one from DB electrical on EBay doesn't fit.
If it ain't broke, fix it 'till it is.

ChargerST

Your best bet is probably the RobbMc Mini starter. Pricy though: https://www.robbmcperformance.com/products/mopar_starter.html

Lighthorseman

I had to remove my header to get my old starter out and the mini starter in.  I have no idea what type of headers I have.

On an only-barely-related topic, are the mini starter heat shields any use?  Do they actually lengthen the period between changing out starters due to heat damage?

TexasStroker

I don't know of any starter that would be compact enough to do that, but it would be cool if there was one.
Founder, Amarillo Area Mopars
www.amarilloareamopars.com
Founder, Lone Star Mopars
www.lonestarmopars.com
Will set-up a regional Charger meet
Contact me for info!

Hemidog

I just installed a mini starter, and it would not fit between my TTI headers. I cannot see that any starter would.