News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

i need help on a part placement! please? upper rear crossmember

Started by moparqueen, March 10, 2019, 12:35:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

moparqueen

hey everyone, i am attempting to put the rear frame rails on my car, i wanna make sure i do not leave any parts out that need to be put on BEFORE the trunk floor goes on. .
this is what it looks like. .

it is a upper rear cross member.
i need to get an idea WHEN and HOW it goes on.
can anyone please send me a link to a forum post that has put this part on?
OR picture references?
even the underside of a charger that shows this part works, thank you.

kent

This help any? Definitely before the floor goes in. Well a lot easier anyway.  I will check my current stash of pictures to see if I have any better shots.
Kent

moparqueen

Quote from: kent on March 10, 2019, 04:46:48 AM
This help any? Definitely before the floor goes in. Well a lot easier anyway.  I will check my current stash of picture to see if I have any better shots.

Oh my gosh thank you Kent !! This helps a ton,  And I will take your advice and order this part before I do the trunk . 😊 and yes if you have anymore pictures showing it,  that would be awesome

kent

Different angle. Is that picture too small?
Kent

kent

Just trying to get you a better shot. One more. I have more but you pretty much get the picture eh?
If you need a different angle let me know. She is still on the rotisseri.
Kent

moparqueen

Wow that really helps a lot, you are a life saver thank you , it looks like it welds right underneath the frame rails and then under the trunk floor I'm assuming from being able to zoom in. These pictures are perfect , it is very much appreciated 😊😊

green69rt

I don't think it welds to the trunk floor but not sure, been years since I did mine.

moparqueen

Quote from: green69rt on March 10, 2019, 09:03:02 AM
I don't think it welds to the trunk floor but not sure, been years since I did mine.

Thank you I appreciate your input, perhaps maybe it's just to the rails ?? It's hard to tell right now without actually test fitting the location but I think you are right.

kent

Quote from: green69rt on March 10, 2019, 09:03:02 AM

Your right green69rt. They're not attached to the floor. Actually a little gap between the trunk and the cross member. I think you can tell that by one of my pics if you look close enough. But a row of spot welds that attach the trunk floor panel to the rear floor pan of course. Topped off with some seam sealer. I used Sems and I think turned out great. I liked it better than 3M.
Kent

kent

Quote from: moparqueen on March 10, 2019, 09:28:05 AM
It's hard to tell right now without actually test fitting the location but I think you are right.

That's right. You would definitely find that out with a test fit.

Note the fancy spot welds from the factory where the cross member attaches to the frame rail. Yes those are factory welds.
Kent

moparqueen

Quote from: kent on March 10, 2019, 10:04:01 AM
Quote from: moparqueen on March 10, 2019, 09:28:05 AM
It's hard to tell right now without actually test fitting the location but I think you are right.

That's right. You would definitely find that out with a test fit.

Note the fancy spot welds from the factory where the cross member attaches to the frame rail. Yes those are factory welds.

Wow that body is immaculate being original from the factory still, it's usually the back area that i noticed is the first to go. And yeah it's crazy how their welds look sometimes. Lol

kent

I picked her up in Kansas about 16 years ago. Only 23k on her. Had to replace the trunk floor and the drivers side trunk extension.  Besides that she is in beautiful condition. I was lucky to find her.

Kent

moparqueen

Quote from: kent on March 10, 2019, 11:42:52 AM
I picked her up in Kansas about 16 years ago. Only 23k on her. Had to replace the trunk floor and the drivers side trunk extension.  Besides that she is in beautiful condition. I was lucky to find her.

That is amazing that  you found such a steal. 😊