News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Has anyone seen this Charger?

Started by Heli143, August 22, 2013, 01:48:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heli143

Well, the last lead didn't work out, but they tried to help me. Again, first question is do I have the VIN...

I am giving it my last attempt by having my sister talk to my EX-sister-in-law, who is the last person to have been in possession of any documents relating to the car.

If that doesn't work out, I will have to find and clone a Charger to look like mine.

thanks again for all the tips and hints on trying to find it.

Heli143

Hi guys,
been a while since I've been on here but I haven't stopped looking... I just can't let go!  :rotz:

a bump to the top just incase someone new might see this and a light bulb goes off in their head... but then again maybe I'm just dreaming.

Talked to my son. He just retired from the Air Force. I guess he wanted to make me feel a little better and built me a 1/18 scale metal 69 Charger that is identical to the my real one.  :'(
I guess he and I will start looking for a 69 body that we can build a tribute car with...

Homerr

Might end up being better to build it to memory than reality.

It could be a roach now, or worse - tin cans.   :pity:

Plus you get to make new memories.

Heli143

Hey Homerr, you might be right!

I will look for a while longer and eventually will have to give up and build a tribute car.
Like you said... new memories  :icon_smile_big:

Heli143

Hi guys,
Want to wish you all a Happy and Great New Year!!

I want to post one more piece of info that might strike a nerve with someone.
I thought if I provided the info on the dealer someone may have a lead for me.

I bought the car from O'Donnell Motors on Rt 111, Central islip, NY and and his full name was Tom O'Donnell.
He eventually moved his dealership to Sunrise Highway, Bayshore, across from the old Bayshore High School.
It's long gone now.

Thanks again for all the well wishes.
I retired last week finally and look forward to a new life.

troy.70R/T

Do you remember what insurance company you had when you owned the car? If so Maybe they could find your old account and they would have the VIN for insurance purposes. Find someone to blow that pic up and get the plate # that might help the DMV or insurance. Did you ever get a ticket driving that car? the police might have those records still and the title number or the insurance company name if you cant remember. Good luck  :2thumbs:

charger01

I didnt think the six pack was available on a charger until 1970 :scratchchin:

hemi-hampton

Quote from: charger01 on January 04, 2017, 11:38:10 PM
I didnt think the six pack was available on a charger until 1970 :scratchchin:

Must of got added later on? LEON.

Heli143

HI Troy,
I've been wracking my brain trying to think of the insurance company I had back then 🤔
As for the plate, I zoomed in and sent a request to the DMV for info.  They said they destroy their records after 30 years so I'm too late there 😔
As for tickets, I got a lot of tickets with that car LOL. I looked up SCPD last night and will be contacting them today.
Thanks for all your help, it's greatly appreciated!

Charger01: good catch on the six pak, you are absolutely right! I added it when I rebuilt the motor, so Hemi-Hampton was right on the nose. Mark Worman from Graveyard Cars apparently visits this forum and caught that also.  He contacted me and referred me to a friend of his who could help, BUT I need the VIN...

Good news is a member contacted me and he bought a car kind of matching my description on Long Island and has offered to give me the VIN. So I will trace the VIN and see what happens... 🙏

I will update as soon as I have more info.
Thank you all for the help and info!!

kokxville

1969 Charger R/T 4 speed A33 Track Pack.
1967 Dodge a108 360 Magnum. Daily driver
1969 Dodge Charger"the car you can take your kids in to school on a friday,go shopping on a saturday,dragrace on a sunday and go to work on monday"

troy.70R/T

Heli143

kokxville

1969 Dodge Charger"the car you can take your kids in to school on a friday,go shopping on a saturday,dragrace on a sunday and go to work on monday"

kokxville

So ik gave this guy my vin# in a pm and never heard back.
That was in December last year .  :icon_smile_angry:

Heli143

Hi John,
sorry for the slow response.
I retired December 31 and since then had to get daily medical treatments which finished last week.
I found your post asking how to replace the fender tag on another forum.

I saw the picture of your Charger and saw it is red. However, have you looked under the rug or dash to see if the car was a different color previously? Mine was green when I bought it new.
I ran the VIN you sent me but it did not provide the info I was looking for.
here is a breakdown of the VIN you sent me, XS29L9B278889:
X - Charger
S - Special   X and S together denote an R/T
29 - Two door sports hardtop
L - 440 HP engine with 4 BBL
9 - 1969
B - Assembled at Hamtrack, MI
278889 - sequence number

I would like to recommend you contact Mark Worman from the TV show Graveyard Cars and ask him about the fender tag. He had emailed me and offered to help a while back. He knows everything about Mopars.
I remember seeing him explain on the show that there are serial numbers printed on many parts or different areas of the cars which provide a lot of info about the car.

I hope this helps you but unless you can find some green paint somewhere in the car there isnt a chance it's my old car.
thank you for your help so far.
I have a couple more places to check into my actual VIN number and will keep you updated.

paironines

I contacted Allstate for the VIN on my first Charger and they said there was no way to look it up as its not a current policy so just thought I'd share that.

lukedukem

Do you remember what bank you financed thru. Might be worth a shot. Unless you pay cash.

Luke
1969 Charger XP29F9B226768
1981 CJ7 I6 258ci
2016 F150, 5.0, FX4, CC

Heli143

Well, I guess I will dedicate my time to finding a 69 RT I can afford to buy so that I can build a tribute car.
Deep down inside I still hope I find out what happened to my car, even if I can't buy it back.

I found a similar car in same colors but the owner will not sell. He wants to give it to his grandson and hopefully his grandson will do the car justice.

Thanks to all those who tried to help me, it was greatly appreciated.

jefferson

Sorry, i know its not of much help to finding your beauty 69 mate, but ive come across, both in person and on australian car sales websites a few  (maybe 2 or 3 not many) dark green 69 RTs that looked like yours, no idea though if they were 6 pack or stock 440 etc. A few months back i pulled up at the lights actually next to a 69 dark olive green RT charger. Absolutely gorgeous, owner was an elder gentleman from what i could make out, was about 9pm at night.
too bad i wasnt in my 68 charger. THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN WICKED.  :cheers: