News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Fuel Pump

Started by Frank, March 17, 2019, 08:33:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank

I have a 69 RTSE 440 and the fuel pump just doesn't seem to deliver when I really get on it.  Anyone have a brand that works best for them?

Paul G

Check the length of the push rod. It might be worn.
1972 Charger Topper Special, 360ci, 46RH OD trans, 8 3/4 sure grip with 3.91 gear, 14.93@92 mph.
1973 Charger Rallye, 4 speed, muscle rat. Whatever engine right now?

Mopars Unlimited of Arizona

http://www.moparsaz.com/#

justcruisin

Carter M6903. Used it for years on a 10.2:1 Edelbrock RPM headed 440, plenty of fuel delivery.

XH29N0G

I would have given same information as in both above responses.  I had a similar problem.  Pump rod had worn down.  When it was out, I changed to the pump described in the post above.  It is a nice pump.
Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

66FBCharger

What should the fuel pump push rod length be?
Who sells a good quality push rod?
Is it still available from the dealer?
'69 Charger R/T 440 4 speed T5, '70 Road Runner 440+6 4 speed, '73 'Cuda 340 4 speed, '66 Charger 383 Auto
SOLD!:'69 Charger R/T S.E. 440 4 speed 3.54 Dana rolling body

XH29N0G

The producer may not matter, but for what its worth, I bought one of the comp cams pushrods and so far have not had a problem.  They list the length as 3.220"  at mancini racing.  (https://www.manciniracing.com/cocafupupu.html) you can get them from a number of places  I would shop around for a good price.
Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

kevs1969daytona

I would make sure you can get it out.  Theres a "hex" screw right underneath on the block (think its a hex maybe wrong but it opens up to let the rod fall out) , mine was seized.  A electrical pump maybe the best.  :Twocents: