News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Door Top Trim Removal

Started by Dano 1, March 18, 2019, 10:27:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dano 1

I'm looking for some guidance as to how you remove this piece of trim, in the corner of the c-pillar.

I'm missing all of the door top trim on the driver's side of my car but found a donor car with everything in good shape it just needs to be removed. Does this corner piece just snap in place or is there a nut on the inside of body? I really don't want to damage otherwise good trim trying to get it off. Thanks!
1969 Charger 383 2bbl, R4 red, White hat special project

Check out my website for 3D printed restoration parts and accessories.
www.nextgendesignsnc.com

kent

Just snaps in but is attached to that lower piece and you will need to remove those small phillips screws. 4 of them. That is made as one unit sort of. You could remove that "C" part if you wanted to but will have to unbend all the seems. The rivet is just there for looks apparently.

Oh yeah to get it off. Just gently wiggle and sort of pull towards the rear of the car trying to ease it off the drip rail. Once you have removed all the screw holding it in place.  You can see one of the four screw holes in your picture. Just take your time and be gentle. They don't reproduce those. Good luck!
Kent

Dano 1

Thanks, Kent that's exactly what I need to know. The last thing I want to do is mangle otherwise perfect trim while pulling it off a donor car!

www.nextgendesignsnc.com

green69rt

You've probably already found out that you have to remove the inside bottom and top door panel.  Then remove the piece shown below.  7 screws, I think.  Then, either, take out the quarter window or take the lower window stop off and lower the window deeper into the well.  Now you can get to the (3 or 4) screws that hold it on.

And yes, careful taking it off.  The top drip rail trim needs to come off first.  And be especially careful putting it on you car as all those screw tabs, that hang down, can do some really nasty damage to your paint!

kent

"And be especially careful putting it on you car as all those screw tabs, that hang down, can do some really nasty damage to your paint!"

Amen to that Mitch. She can be a handful and unruly. Lots of tape for protection. Found that out when trial fitting my piece. And the car is not even painted yet.
Kent

green69rt

Quote from: kent on March 19, 2019, 09:17:16 AM
"And be especially careful putting it on you car as all those screw tabs, that hang down, can do some really nasty damage to your paint!"

Amen to that Mitch. She can be a handful and unruly. Lots of tape for protection. Found that out when trial fitting my piece. And the car is not even painted yet.

Good, then you know.  Now get back in the garage!

kent

Kent

Dano 1

Awesome info, thanks everyone!

www.nextgendesignsnc.com