News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Trick to putting emblem on?

Started by BrugeeRT, March 19, 2019, 08:45:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrugeeRT

I know this is kind of stupid but I got a new RT emblem for the headlight door and I can't get the pal nuts that came with it to get a bite on the posts.  The emblem is flush on the door with no space.  I'm pushing down hard and turning but the nut just wont grab.  The post are the same length as the original one I took off and the aftermarket came from Year One.  Any ideas?
Mark

kent

Mark did the nuts start when you just had the emblem in you hand? They are grabbing just further down the post? Did you try your old nuts on the new posts?
Now is there a back cut on the door where the nut would spin on to? Sort of a round hole where the nut would tighten down to. If so could you make these deeper? If there is you could try cutting them down deeper with the right size end mill. A end mill would drill the hole flat and not point to it.

If not 3-M two way tape? A touch of gorilla glue maybe? Dam good stuff.

Sorry I could not be any  more help than that.
Some one else that has used that emblem my chime in. When I got my 500 emblem for my door it bolted right on easy no fuss. Might want to call year one about it. They are really helpful and eager to please. They don't want to lose your business. I did that with rocker panel trim mounting kit. A few were broke. Sent me a new kit. Kept the old one even though only one clip in the kit was broke.  Like I said don't want to lose your business.
Kent

6.7Cummins

I had to reuse my old speed nuts. The ones that came with emblem would not bite no matter what I tried.
1968 Charger R/T 440/727

BrugeeRT

Thanks Kent! When I went back to look at my orders, the grille Charger logo came from Year one and the RT emblem came from Van's.  I called Van's and the tech guy Duane said he could see what I mean and will send me some smaller pal bits that he will test first.
Mark

kent

Kent

69RT/Chrgr

Do you think that there is any difference in the manufacturers of the R/T headlight door emblems? Year one has them, Vans has them, I believe Megaparts has them, and Classic is suppose to be coming out with one soon that they say is an official licensed part. I will be needing one soon, so wondering if I should be just shopping for price? or if there are ones that are better, in which I have no problem spending more money then

Duane

BrugeeRT

I had a really hard time finding a "RT" specifically for the 68.  You might want to make sure they are not sold out on those other sites.  I was wondering the same thing if they all originated at the same place.  There was nothing wrong with the emblem itself.  It seemed to be good quality and the posts seemed the same length as the original one.  The only issue was the pal nuts wouldn't grab because there is not much post that pokes through and the included pal bits are too big for the narrow part of the post that comes through on the back side.
Mark