News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

'69 Charger Inner / Outer rockers

Started by geffen928, March 19, 2019, 06:46:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

geffen928

Evening Gents......It was a nice day today so I spent a bit of time on the Charger.  Like most here, I've got a little rust in the quarters and the rocker panel at the lower rear corner of the door.  Since it all got to be replaced anyway, I got out the cutting wheel.  My question regards the construction of the car at this junction of the sheet metal.  As I peeled back the quarter skin from the wheel house to the door, I found a much heavier inner rocker that went from the door opening to the bottom of the outer wheel house.  It also looked like the quarter skin overlapped the outer rocker panel near the corner of the door.  Does this sound correct??  Most of you are farther along than me.  So, as usual, any pictures that can be offered would be great.  Please and Thank You!!

Geffen

BLK 68 R/T

Yep, that seam is leaded so take care in removing it and wear proper ppe.

geffen928

Well....That explains why it all seems welded together.  Does the quarter skin extend under the outer rocker panel?? 

Geffen

BLK 68 R/T

Yes. It goes all the way down and wraps under to the bottom drip edge.

geffen928

BLK 68 R/T

I don't have any pictures but if you look at pictures of the AMD full quarter panels you should be able to see how they fit to the sub structure of the car.