News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

A Daytona for you Marty Robbins fans

Started by C500, March 21, 2019, 04:47:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

C500

"An aggressive exterior with power to match was enough to pull in the performance boys-especially when abetted by a pair of pipes blaring out the back, and brawny red-sidewall rubber hitting the pavement."  

"........the four speed box changes cogs with the precision of a sharp axe striking soft pine."

Aero426

It is too bad they do not have these cars proofed by someone with some knowledge of what they should look like.    Wrong wheels,   Don't know what is happening with that front spoiler.    Guage cluster way too long.   Body casting is not really right.     

Emery0323

Is it my imagination, or does the wing look too Superbird-like?  It leans back noticeably and appears to attach near the middle of the decklid, like a Superbird wing.  It seems to me it should be more upright and further back on the rear deck.
Also, that character line continuing from the hood onto the top of the nose is like a Superbird, not like a Daytona.

C500

Yep, first thing I noticed were the slotted wheels, and the casting is not great either.
"An aggressive exterior with power to match was enough to pull in the performance boys-especially when abetted by a pair of pipes blaring out the back, and brawny red-sidewall rubber hitting the pavement."  

"........the four speed box changes cogs with the precision of a sharp axe striking soft pine."

Aero426

Quote from: C500 on March 21, 2019, 05:15:47 PM
Yep, first thing I noticed were the slotted wheels, and the casting is not great either.

And I'm not critical of you posting it.     It's a neat model.     I just don't understand why they can't get it right.     I have a few University of Racing Talladegas and they are not perfect, but better.     The Dodge casting looks a lot like the ERTL Charger 500, which was fine for a $14.99 diecast kit.   Not OK for a $95 model.    Unfortunately, if they sell out the 1000 of them, I guess they have no reason to fix them.    The front spoiler looks like it was made closer for a future Allison #22 ???

C500

Quote from: Aero426 on March 21, 2019, 05:42:00 PM
Quote from: C500 on March 21, 2019, 05:15:47 PM

And I'm not critical of you posting it.     It's a neat model.     I just don't understand why they can't get it right.     I have a few University of Racing Talladegas and they are not perfect, but better.     The Dodge casting looks a lot like the ERTL Charger 500, which was fine for a $14.99 diecast kit.   Not OK for a $95 model.    Unfortunately, if they sell out the 1000 of them, I guess they have no reason to fix them.    The front spoiler looks like it was made closer for a future Allison #22 ???

:2thumbs: I'm with you on this. They should be able to get it right when they even post a photo on the box how the cars should look! Anyone can see the wheels and body shape are off straight away. Some of the previously released 500's are still for sale with similar details issues.

I have a few of the signed versions... Talladega, Cyclone, 500 and a Franklin Mint bird signed by the King, have been waiting for a signed Daytona to come out... and a Cyclone Spoiler II to complete the Aero set in 1:24. Somehow I think I will be waiting forever for that one.

odcics2

I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

white

Your right the wing is slanted more like a Superbird

A383Wing

C500

Highbanked Hauler

Greg, is your  88 car a "drooped Snoot"  car ?  :shruggy:
69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

odcics2

I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?