News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Reproduction 1970 Charger hood mounted turn signal lenses ???

Started by Daytona R/T SE, March 23, 2019, 02:01:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daytona R/T SE

1970 Charger Hood mounted turn signal lenses...

Is there more than one company currently making these ?

If so, who makes the highest quality lenses ?

A383Wing

Just did a quick search on the web......prices from $225 to $300 for a set......not sure if they are all made by the same manufacturer or not......

I just typed in "1970 charger hood turn signal" and a lot came up

Bryan

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: A383Wing on March 23, 2019, 02:56:18 PM
Just did a quick search on the web......prices from $225 to $300 for a set......not sure if they are all made by the same manufacturer or not......

I just typed in "1970 charger hood turn signal" and a lot came up

Bryan

Just the lenses.  ;)

A383Wing

Charger Specialties has them for $41 each......but I'm not sure of the quality......probably the same lenses that everyone else sells.....

Bryan

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: A383Wing on March 23, 2019, 03:43:21 PM
Charger Specialties has them for $41 each......but I'm not sure of the quality......probably the same lenses that everyone else sells.....

Bryan

Thanks, Bryan.

Trying to determine if they are all made by the same place.

I had a catastrophic failure on the pair I just bought.

I had installed them on my bezels and all went well...

Or so I thought.  :brickwall:

After putting them on the bezels, I set them on the workbench and didn't get back to them for a week,

Sometime during the week, they had developed cracks around 3 of the 4 screw holes.  :flame:  :brickwall:

This is after the seller had to replace one of them, since it had arrived pre-cracked in the package.

They were fine when I first installed them.

So it's either some mystery self cracking plastic, or I over tightened them, or both.

An expensive situation I don't want to repeat.  :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall:

A383Wing

I would find it hard to believe that there are many companies out there making these lenses......I would say one, maybe two are doing it.....the market would be so small for a lot of manufacturers making these........

The quality of the repro parts these days is junk, but from past posts, you probably already knew that.....

I still have the OE set in mine...I also found a replacement LED bulb to take the place of the original #330 little bulb in there.....it's not very bright during the day....but it's a replacement that I probably only have to do once in my lifetime because the LED bulbs last so long

Bryan

Polygon

I bought two new ones for my 70. Quality was.....fair. And I am embarrassed to say, I forgot the vendor! But Krusin moons has the best price....""""1970 Charger Hood Mounted Turn Signal Indicators  Perfect reproductions with correct reflective paint.
$50.00/set+S/H""""http://www.krusinmoons.com/reproductionproducts.html

After I bought mine, I saw the ones from KM. Now, see the picture. One is original, one a repro. I used a lens polishing kit kit and polished the old ones. Turned out so good, I put the originals back in.

www.lostinspaceforum.com

If you like the old TV show, Lost In Space, check out my page

Daytona R/T SE

Looks good, Polygon.  :coolgleamA:

I bought two more pairs of lenses, hoping for at least a 50% survival rate this time.  ::)

I was going to attempt to install them last weekend,

And then...

The furnace in my garage decided to commit suicide, so I spent this past Saturday replacing that, instead.  :brickwall:

Polygon

I used a headlight polishing kits on the new one too and it really helped. Brought a luster the lens.
www.lostinspaceforum.com

If you like the old TV show, Lost In Space, check out my page