News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1969 charger speaker setup

Started by skippychad, March 26, 2019, 06:37:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

skippychad

is there only the one speaker for the 69 charger? in the dash.  Didn't see anything mounted behind the rear seat or any wire harness headed that way

BLK 68 R/T

skippychad

ChargerRT69

Some had multiple speakers. Mine had the R13 option and with the high output AM radio, I had a single speaker in the front and single speaker in the back. I ended up going back in for a dual 4" speaker setup (in the single dash speaker hole) and dual 6" x 9" setup in the rear. I also have the optional rear window defrost, that filled one of the original speaker holes that will be mounted in the truck so I could utilize the speaker hole for the speaker!

Not sure what setup you r are going for? Original or hidden modified original look... the last was my option.

darbgnik

Quote from: ChargerRT69 on April 05, 2019, 11:54:27 AM
Some had multiple speakers. Mine had the R13 option and with the high output AM radio, I had a single speaker in the front and single speaker in the back. I ended up going back in for a dual 4" speaker setup (in the single dash speaker hole) and dual 6" x 9" setup in the rear. I also have the optional rear window defrost, that filled one of the original speaker holes that will be mounted in the truck so I could utilize the speaker hole for the speaker!

Not sure what setup you r are going for? Original or hidden modified original look... the last was my option.

I have the same setup in my car. I'm on the second custom front dual speaker frame however, as the first one I made was out of wood, and swelled/distorted over time. I made a new one out of expanded polystyrene, that I was able to get my hands on. Metal would work too.....
Brad

1970 Charger 500. Born a 318, AC, console auto, now 440/727
Build thread:  http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,127291.0.html

ChargerRT69

Quote from: darbgnik on April 09, 2019, 09:15:11 PM
Quote from: ChargerRT69 on April 05, 2019, 11:54:27 AM

I have the same setup in my car. I'm on the second custom front dual speaker frame however, as the first one I made was out of wood, and swelled/distorted over time. I made a new one out of expanded polystyrene, that I was able to get my hands on. Metal would work too.....

I have access to some profile cutting machinery so I made my out of aluminum. Fit up real well, although I have yet to fire it up.