News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Magnaflow systeem

Started by Mr. Lee, March 30, 2019, 02:57:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Lee

Anyone has the Magnaflow 19303 and 19304 installed on a 69? Thinking about buying it but would like to hear some experiences. Thanks.

Mopar Nut

"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

Mopar Nut

It's made out of the 409 stainless steel that rusts, contact TTI. They custom bent my complete exhaust system out of 304 stainless for around the same price. They can only bend it around Oct. - Nov. when they are slow.

BTW, it fit like a glove.
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

Mr. Lee

Mopar Nut

Mr. Lee

alfaitalia

Quote from: Mopar Nut on March 30, 2019, 04:05:44 PM
It's made out of the 409 stainless steel that rusts, contact TTI. They custom bent my complete exhaust system out of 304 stainless for around the same price. They can only bend it around Oct. - Nov. when they are slow.

Bit pessimistic on those lifespans I think. My Alfa still has its factory aluminised mild steel exhaust after ten years and about 150,000 miles....Only just bought a replacement due to three pin holes in the rear silencer....rest is solid but with heavy surface rust....but I'm replacing the lot. And my wife's Merc SLK has its original 409 stainless system on it with only light, patchy surface rust....after 20 years....and that's in salty wet England!!
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

Mr. Lee

Quote from: alfaitalia on March 31, 2019, 05:45:00 AM
Quote from: Mopar Nut on March 30, 2019, 04:05:44 PM

Bit pessimistic on those lifespans I think. My Alfa still has its factory aluminised mild steel exhaust after ten years and about 150,000 miles....Only just bought a replacement due to three pin holes in the rear silencer....rest is solid but with heavy surface rust....but I'm replacing the lot. And my wife's Merc SLK has its original 409 stainless system on it with only light, patchy surface rust....after 20 years....and that's in salty wet England!!

Thanks for the input.

I'd rather invest a little bit more knowing I won't get surface rust.

darbgnik

Quote from: alfaitalia on March 31, 2019, 05:45:00 AM

Betcha the reduced lifespan of aluminized exhaust is more correct for aftermarket exhausts, which are generally much thinner than factory. ( They say lighter for weight savings, I would guess that, and cheaper....) I had an aluminized Gibson aftermarket exhaust rot out on a pickup truck here, in less than 10 years. That has never happened to a factory exhaust in my neck of the woods, that I'm aware of. Alberta Canada is cold, but pretty dry...
Brad

1970 Charger 500. Born a 318, AC, console auto, now 440/727
Build thread:  http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,127291.0.html