News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Signal Light Problem with pics

Started by kevs1969daytona, March 31, 2019, 06:16:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kevs1969daytona

So I am dealing with some minor problems after 20 month Restoration.  Anyways my problem is that when I signal left or right the signal light stays on.  It does not cancel when the steering comes back to center.  So I pulled the steering column apart (pain in my A**) anyway after taking a column clip and bearing off.  I got at the signal light switch thingy thing.   Do you guys think that was the problem ?? not cancelling or am I out to lunch.  Do I need a new plastic signal switch thing.

A383Wing

I bet the cancel pin is missing from the underside of the steering wheel

70 sublime

Usually the springy plastic legs are broken off but yours seem to be all there
I would also vote for the pin on the bottom of steering wheel is missing
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

BLK 68 R/T

Big wire ring on the under side of the steering wheel. Has a bend in it that points down towards the steering column. Want to say it's probably 1/8" or so in diameter?

kevs1969daytona

BLK 68 R/T

A383Wing

Quote from: kevs1969daytona on March 31, 2019, 09:39:42 PM
pics please  :cheers:

You have the steering wheel already off, just turn it upside down and see if the pin is there.....

kevs1969daytona

cool have a new wheel maybe not on tight enough to work ? will tighten up see what happens.

mopar0166

Did you also look at the plug on the bottom side of the column?   that's where I have found similar issue before.   

kevs1969daytona

Quote from: mopar0166 on April 01, 2019, 09:59:42 AM
Did you also look at the plug on the bottom side of the column?   that's where I have found similar issue before.   

Sorry not too sure what this means plug ?

mopar0166

the turn signal switch deadends at a plug or electrical terminal that then plugs into the dash harness.  should be right above the steering column.  I had issues with mine coming loose and connections not being properly made.

cdr

That looks like a aftermarket switch that gave me the same problems, I got one from Year one, it is made by M&H & is just loike the original
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

kevs1969daytona

I'm thinking this this is upside down ??????

cdr

You need the complete new switch from Y 0ne you have mix matched parts there.
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

kevs1969daytona

Yep she aint working at all cheers