News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Steven juliano Auction

Started by superbirdtom, April 01, 2019, 01:38:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

superbirdtom

what does anyone think some of the rapid transit cars might go for?

DAY CLONA

Quote from: superbirdtom on April 01, 2019, 01:38:54 PM
what does anyone think some of the rapid transit cars might go for?

It will be a frenzy of high end buyers, I would think most would want all 3 cars in their collections rather than settle for 1 or 2, so I see only a handful of buyers tripping over each other to outbid the next, so I expect to see the 71 RR and 70 RR possible hitting 1 to 1.5 mil each, and the lowly A body maybe mustering 500K only because of it's prominence

superbirdtom

Im on the opposite spectrum. i think the hemi roadrunner will go for 350k. and the 71 runner 250k the duster 150k.  I could be totally wrong-i cant see any of the cars going north of 500k.  I see theirs also a advertisement auction .  at least all the stuff will have a good home.

Birdflu

I tend to agree with superbirdtom. I don't think the cars will come anywhere near $1M or more. It will be interesting to watch though!  :popcrn:

hemi-hampton

When & Where does this Auction take place. is there a Link??? LEON.

Birdflu

4cruzin

That will be interesting to watch . . all nice cars!   :2thumbs:
Tomorrow is promised to NOBODY . . . .

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Birdflu

DonC1

I wasnt aware that he had passed away. Dam nice guy and very gracious, he advised me on the paint codes for a yellow jacket replica before it was converted to the Diamante.

odcics2

Quote from: DonC1 on April 07, 2019, 12:56:53 PM
I wasnt aware that he had passed away. Dam nice guy and very gracious, he advised me on the paint codes for a yellow jacket replica before it was converted to the Diamante.

http://www.stevenjuliano.com/

He was a great guy. 
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

bakerhillpins

One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

Birdflu

Quote from: Birdflu on April 02, 2019, 01:57:16 PM
I tend to agree with superbirdtom. I don't think the cars will come anywhere near $1M or more. It will be interesting to watch though!  :popcrn:

Looks like Mecum's thinking $250-$400K... :popcrn:

odcics2

His collection of memorabilia is on line for bidding now. TONS of stuff to check out.

https://ontime.mecum.com/

I looked it over and it has been cherry picked already.
No cutaway engines, no Dodge danglers, all the large floor displays gone, no rare posters, etc....

6bblgt

the cutaway engines are going "prime-time" along side the cars Friday 5/17 at Mecum Indy
https://www.mecum.com/auctions/indianapolis-2019/collections/steven-juliano-estate-collection/

the high-end "showroom" part of the collection is also ending live Saturday 5/18 at Mecum Indy
https://www.mecum.com/auctions/indianapolis-roadart-2019/collections/steven-juliano-road-art-collection/

the remaining 2,000+ pieces of "road art" are selling on-line thru Mecum "on Time"
https://ontime.mecum.com/allitems/

odcics2

odcics2

What did the cars go for?   :shruggy:

Birdflu

The Rapid Transit cars were all sold. My son and I attended the auction on Friday when Steven's cars went across the block. Even though we didn't know Steven, it was bittersweet watching a man's lifetime collection of passion in the hobby being dispersed to the masses. Kind of a reality check actually. Though I haven't collected 2% of what Steven did, I realized we're just caretakers until someone else is handed the baton. Anyway, the cars went for the following (prices include commission)...

'69 Dart $110K
'70 Duster $264K
'70 Hemi Runner $341K
'71 Runner $236,500 (noted as Stevens most prized possession)

What was really surprising is what the cut-away engines went for! The crowd went nuts for those things! Full buyers premium was in play with them when they went across the block!  :o

Blue 440 6 BBL $198K
Green 426 Hemi $209K
Orange 426 Hemi $148,500

Redbird

"American Car Collector" had a shop class factory Mopar engine mounted on a base sale result a couple of years ago on the "Surfing Around" last page column. As I recall it went for just a few grand.

I thought before this past weeks auction that the big winner would be the owner of the 440 RTS 'Cuda. Today that car seems a less lofty cost value.

The car collecting world lost a major light with Steven's passing.

odcics2

3 Shelby Cobras went for 6.2 million.

Light up Bee went for 20K.  :coolgleamA:

superbirdtom

Quote from: Birdflu on May 19, 2019, 10:05:01 AM
The Rapid Transit cars were all sold. My son and I attended the auction on Friday when Steven's cars went across the block. Even though we didn't know Steven, it was bittersweet watching a man's lifetime collection of passion in the hobby being dispersed to the masses. Kind of a reality check actually. Though I haven't collected 2% of what Steven did, I realized we're just caretakers until someone else is handed the baton. Anyway, the cars went for the following (prices include commission)...

'69 Dart $110K
'70 Duster $264K
'70 Hemi Runner $341K
'71 Runner $236,500 (noted as Stevens most prized possession)

What was really surprising is what the cut-away engines went for! The crowd went nuts for those things! Full buyers premium was in play with them when they went across the block!  :o

Blue 440 6 BBL $198K

SBT quote,,
((((yes the cutaway engines blew my mind !!  but the MOD TOP cuda 340 going for almost half a million was just plain crazy.   The same ppl were buying the engines and cars  --wonder if theyre starting a museum or something.??)))

Aero426

If you had the money, it was one stop shopping.    An unrepeatable opportunity.   

Mike DC

I'm not surprised the RTS system cars didn't fetch huge numbers.  They are valuable but mostly known in older-generation stock Mopar circles.  The high-end collector who wanted them most was the guy who just died.  

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on May 20, 2019, 02:31:31 PM

I'm not surprised the RTS system cars didn't fetch huge numbers.  

I don't know where you come from, but 841,500 large for those three cars sounds like real good money to me.

Mike DC

There was some speculation/hope that the numbers might be a lot higher.