News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

BUILD IT!!!!

Started by Mytur Binsdirti, April 02, 2019, 10:41:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Birdflu

If they built it without the truck flares...I'd be a buyer!  :yesnod:

miamivice

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: miamivice on April 02, 2019, 11:28:00 AM
April fools!

Agreed, but the Challenger has been around since 2008 & after 12 model years, it's getting long in the tooth. It wouldn't take much to take the same chassis and re-skin it into the car shown above. It would be an instant hit.

RallyeMike

In our dreams. We will never again see a new performance car built with parachute for a grille.
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

JB400

I don't see why they couldn't cancel the Challenger, and convert the Charger to a two door model.

Mike DC

QuoteI don't see why they couldn't cancel the Challenger, and convert the Charger to a two door model.

No benefit.  They would not want to get rid of the 4dr Charger model.  And making a 2dr & 4dr version of the same car is probably less ideal than two different models for a couple of reasons.    

The Charger's 4dr era is hitting 15 years now and it has been a consistent seller the whole time.  It was only a 2dr muscle car for 9 years originally (and that was 50 years ago).  It's a little late to write off the modern 4dr as some brief misstep.  Like it or not, the model name has been totally redefined by it now.    

wingcar

The build was undertaken by Fantasy Collision & Customs, which began with a fresh 2013 Charger and proceeded to slice a sizable portion out of the car's midsection. The two front doors were then extended, the roof lowered, and substantial body modifications were applied to give the nip-tucked Charger more muscle. These include custom bumpers front and rear, as well as a highly aggressive widebody kit. If you will, a wider-than-widebody kit. New LED headlights and foglights find their way into the Charger's fascia, as does a panoramic roof onto the coupe's scalp. Inside, it's a wash of white leather and custom pearl interior wrap. Dynamat sound deadening material has been added, rather necessarily, to complement a tuned exhaust and the fury of a Charger 5.7-liter Hemi V8. Befitting the iconic two-door Charger of old, this cut-up beast keeps its power heading solely to the rear wheels... and what massive wheels they are.
1970 Daytona Charger SE "clone" (440/Auto)
1967 Charger (360,6-pak/Auto)
2008 Challenger SRT8 BLK (6.1/Auto) 6050 of 6400

Birdflu

Little too 'Dub' for me...guess I'm just old school!

Moparpoolman

I like the Charger that the OP posted,  The Fantasy Collision & Customs car looks too much like a Mustang,  :eek2:  :puke: :puke:

Mytur Binsdirti

After seeing the side view in the video, I have to say that the truck wheelwell flairs look very much out of place.

Y1CHARGER

The exhaust coming out the tail lights is awesome. :2thumbs:

Montclaire

This is the best execution that I have seen of blending a 2nd Gen Charger and the Challenger platform.  Builder is Martin Tremblay.

Birdflu

VegasCharger

Quote from: Montclaire on April 05, 2019, 11:23:00 AM
This is the best execution that I have seen of blending a 2nd Gen Charger and the Challenger platform.  Builder is Martin Tremblay.

Either put 70 side markers on it or put a 68 grille on it. Why mix up two model years on something so simple as a side marker? The 70 guys are not going to like the 68 marker and the 68 guys are not going to like the 70 grille. Just my 2¢.

Kern Dog

I remember that car. It caused a bit of a storm too...Many thinking the picture of the  car in a driveway was a Photoshop job. Some digging ensued and pictures were found with the car at a few shows. It is rare to find a blend of old and new that looks this good. I agree that the side marker lights should go.

JR

I'm sure I'm in the minority on this site, but I'm totally over the whole "build a brand new car that looks exactly like a 50 year old one" thing.

We've had retro styled cars for years now. I'm over it. There are plenty of clean sheet new designs that are attractive and not a recycled "greatest hits" compilation of styling cues.

The current Challenger (or maybe the 05-13 Mustang) is as close as we're ever going to get to a copy of a classic muscle car, and that's fine with me.
70 Charger RT top bananna /68 Charger RT triple green

smithenhiven

Quote from: VegasCharger on April 05, 2019, 09:50:28 PM
Quote from: Montclaire on April 05, 2019, 11:23:00 AM

Either put 70 side markers on it or put a 68 grille on it. Why mix up two model years on something so simple as a side marker? The 70 guys are not going to like the 68 marker and the 68 guys are not going to like the 70 grille. Just my 2¢.

They should have just went all 68 with thes car, it has 68 taillights too.

smithenhiven