News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

said good bye to the R/T today

Started by FJ5WING, April 05, 2019, 06:32:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FJ5WING

feeling really down after having to sell my Coronet this week. I know the title says today but the deal went down Monday. This was done so I can finish the Superbird and take care of bills that are getting away from us due to work issues....as in lack of work. My worst fear is the company bellies up and I have to sell the Bird meaning the R/T was sacrificed for naught!  :icon_smile_blackeye:
I was a whisker away from selling it a few weeks ago and it would have been perfect as the buyer was in Arizona. That didnt work out but I did get a beter price for it, however the buyer is local and I will see it again and again.  :no:

Good Bye old friend it was a great 20 years!

wingless now, but still around.

RallyeMike

Oooooo .. 68 convert with rare color cobo. Super cool!   :2thumbs:  Look at it this way: You had the opportunity to enjoy it.

I love 68 Coronets. I don't have one, but maybe the next best thing: A 69 Charger with a 68 Coronet grille  :icon_smile_big:

Hope things at your work turn around soon.

1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

BrianShaughnessy

Congrats on the sale  :cheers:

The R/T has been at Carlisle before?   I think I've seen it.   Beautiful car  :2thumbs:
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

hemi68charger

I hear ya on the selling of a favorite Mopar, but can't have them all as I have been told. I just sold my cool 70 Runner to pay for the paint job of my 69 C500. If it means anything, Joe loves the R/T and it will be taken care of..
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

FJ5WING

Im sure the R/T is in good hands Joe seemed very excited which made it easier to watch it go.

Mytur Binsdirti

moparstuart

i feel for you buddy been in the exact same position and hated it and still miss those i lost .    :brickwall:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Just 6T9 CHGR

Wow!  Sad to see this post.  Your Coronet was always my favorite at Carlisle...You said the new owner was local...hopefully he brings it there!
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

6pkrtse

Is it wrong that I get sad whenever I sell one of my old musclecars? It is like losing an old friend.
1963 Belvedere 413 Max Wedge
1970 Charger R/T S.E. 440 sixpack.
1970 Challenger R/T Drag Radial 528 Hemi
1970 Charger 500 S.E. 440 4 BBL
1970 Road Runner 383 4 BBL
1974 Chrysler New Yorker 440 4 BBL
1996 Dodge Ram 2500 V-10 488 cu in.
2004 Dodge Ram 3500 CTD Dually 6x6
2012 Challenger R/T Classic

Birdflu

Too bad you had to let one go, but on the other hand I wish you luck on finishing your 'Bird! She's gonna be a beauty!  :2thumbs:

FJ5WING

thanks everyone for kind encouraging words! It dosent suck any less but I climbed out from under a load this week.

Mytur Binsdirti

JerseyJoe

Always loved seeing that car at Carlisle. My first MoPar was a '68 Coronet with that color exterior. Good luck, I hope your situation improves.