News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Source for OEM Steel Wheel for 9 inch Cap - FOUND

Started by HeavyFuel, April 05, 2019, 12:12:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HeavyFuel

Going for the stock steel wheel look with the 9 inch poverty caps, as was correct for 1968.

Wheel Vintiques and US Wheel say that their wheels are made to accept a 8 3/4 cap......9 inch caps won't fit.

I know ton of you guys have OEM style steel wheels mounted.   Where did you get your wheels from?

Thanks.

Alaskan_TA

Gold Rush

If you want 4.5 or 5 inch 14" rims they are out there.  I've been looking or 5.5 or 6 inch big bolt pattern rims for a long time.  they are rare and the guys that have them don't seem to have any incentive to let them go. :yesnod:
24 years USAF, 25 years consumer electronics repair technician.  Now I ride a Honda Goldwing trike and wrench my latest project.  Children and Grandchildren are gown so I have to find other places to spend my time and money!

Alaskan_TA

HeavyFuel

I should have clarified in my original post.....my goal is to go a little bigger than original size.  

7" front, 235/60/15, 4.25" BS

8" rear, 255/60/15, 4.5" BS

Wheels painted body color, with the finishing touch being the one year only poverty caps, which are 9" across.

Gold Rush

24 years USAF, 25 years consumer electronics repair technician.  Now I ride a Honda Goldwing trike and wrench my latest project.  Children and Grandchildren are gown so I have to find other places to spend my time and money!

Alaskan_TA

Alaskan_TA

HeavyFuel, there are places that can remove OE centers & put them in wider hoops with custom offsets.

I have seen posts about them before, but I do not have any experiences with them yet.

HeavyFuel

Solved.   Rookie mistake on my part.

The Coker OEM wheels are set up to accept an 8 3/4" inside diameter cap.  Key being "inside" diameter.

The original '68 caps I have....that I was calling a 9" cap.....have an inside diameter of 8 3/4".

So my caps will fit the Coker wheels.

They delivered to me yesterday, and I must say, they look pretty nice, and seem to be of high quality.