News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Dodge Charger Buying Advice

Started by Christianlondon, April 07, 2019, 06:49:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Christianlondon

Thanks for the Replies My actual budget for the car purchase is $45000 The shipping is extra.It has to be a 440 and Black.I have been offered a Mint Terquoise one but as nice as it is it isnt Black.I saw a couple on Ebay a few months back that I Missed and they went for around my Budget.I'm not going for the one I originally posted after the comments that have been made  ;)

Christianlondon

Hilarious. .I just thought I would ask on here as maybe somebody knew something about that other car.Thanks anyway

mattretch9888

You not fancy building one? You could get a shabby one and do the work yourself, more satisfying that way maybe

E86/A47

Quote from: Mopar Nut on April 07, 2019, 08:56:56 PM
Here's a real 1969 Charger R/T in town over from me.

Can you post a link to this auction/listing? I'm not in the market but I know someone that might like to look at it. What do you guys think of it from what you can see? I'm just glad my car did not make the delusional sellers thread when it was up for sale a few weeks back, ha!  :icon_smile_big: I'm keeping her!  :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big:

galvarado

No way man. I thought your asking price was reasonable. I've actually won the eBay auction twice on that black 69 at vanguard. Once at $60k and again at $50k. Of course neither amount was enough. They've got it advertised on the vanguard site for $137k.   :ahum:

Mytur Binsdirti

INTMD8

Quote from: galvarado on April 08, 2019, 09:32:20 PM
No way man. I thought your asking price was reasonable. I've actually won the eBay auction twice on that black 69 at vanguard. Once at $60k and again at $50k. Of course neither amount was enough. They've got it advertised on the vanguard site for $137k.   :ahum:

You were the high bidder or you won the auction? (as in they had no reserve)
69 Charger. 438ci Gen2 hemi. Flex fuel. Holley HP efi. 595rwhp 475rwtq

jefferson

As far as what ive seen and know
all the chargers vanguard sell are top notch no doubt
but still doesnt warrant there triple digit price tags
Very very nice chargers indeed, but the prices are ludicrous. Many of them have been up for sale for ages! But they dont seem to be in too much of a hurry to move them as there prices never change
Wonder how they survive if they dont sell but dont lower the prices either?

chargerperson

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on April 09, 2019, 07:26:41 AM
Quote from: Christianlondon on April 08, 2019, 01:31:35 PM
Hilarious. .I just thought I would ask on here as maybe somebody knew something about that other car.Thanks anyway

You could have had this gem & just paint it black yourself...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1968-Dodge-Charger-RT-/333137900553?hash=item4d9090f409%3Ag%3AuAoAAOSwHghcoNby&nma=true&si=pYzZoyAzcS6JSfiU2tZYsBzePqI%253D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Bidding went to $25,300 for that car which needs a lot of work.  An RT vin and possibly matching #s motor (why can't the seller figure that out before listing) brings $25k it seems

galvarado

Quote from: INTMD8 on April 09, 2019, 07:34:56 AM
Quote from: galvarado on April 08, 2019, 09:32:20 PM

You were the high bidder or you won the auction? (as in they had no reserve)

I apologize.  I was the high bidder. He's got a reserve on it.

Challenger340

Quote from: jefferson on April 09, 2019, 08:09:00 AM
As far as what ive seen and know
all the chargers vanguard sell are top notch no doubt
but still doesnt warrant there triple digit price tags
Very very nice chargers indeed, but the prices are ludicrous. Many of them have been up for sale for ages! But they dont seem to be in too much of a hurry to move them as there prices never change
Wonder how they survive if they dont sell but dont lower the prices either?

IMO,
The Vanguard Charger's aren't really even "top notch" examples ?
I'm sitting on as nice or nicer example.... and although NOT triple digits, neither Vanguard nor anyone else that has a quality example is going to "start" talking down mid-5 digits just because that's what a potential Buyer "thinks" they should be ?   
just say'in here...
We are all entitled to believe whatever we wish valuation-wise as Owners and wanna-be's ?
Only wimps wear Bowties !

Christianlondon

That Gem needs waaay to much work  :rotz:

Mytur Binsdirti

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: Challenger340 on April 09, 2019, 10:40:33 AM

IMO,
The Vanguard Charger's aren't really even "top notch" examples ?
I'm sitting on as nice or nicer example.... and although NOT triple digits, neither Vanguard nor anyone else that has a quality example is going to "start" talking down mid-5 digits just because that's what a potential Buyer "thinks" they should be ?   
just say'in here...
We are all entitled to believe whatever we wish valuation-wise as Owners and wanna-be's ?

Those people are out in the ozone.

Montclaire

I would make an offer on this one: https://www.ebay.com/itm/1968-Charger-R-T/113708223058?hash=item1a7989ca52:g:YOkAAOSwjXZcpk2J

And for that kind of money I would take a flight over before cash changes hands. 

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: Montclaire on April 09, 2019, 02:12:27 PM
I would make an offer on this one: https://www.ebay.com/itm/1968-Charger-R-T/113708223058?hash=item1a7989ca52:g:YOkAAOSwjXZcpk2J

And for that kind of money I would take a flight over before cash changes hands. 

At 50 grand, I wouldn't buy that with your money! Take a look at that DNA encrusted interior and the fiberglass covered trunk floor pan. That car is a friggin' mess.

Christianlondon

That looks quite straight but I would have to factor in a Paint Job and whatever else is wrong with it.I think he has had that quite a while the You Tube video was uploaded in December 2018.I wonder what a reasonable offer would be and how much the work would be to get it up to a decent standard

Montclaire

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on April 09, 2019, 02:26:25 PM

At 50 grand, I wouldn't buy that with your money! Take a look at that DNA encrusted interior and the fiberglass covered trunk floor pan. That car is a friggin' mess.

Where do you see fiberglass?  That's a trunk mat.  Yeah it needs an interior and detailing.  But look at the door sills/jambs.  Look at the engine bay.  That's an honest, dry car. 

MoPaR 312

Just stay patient and keep looking. Maybe it's not as easy over seas but when looking for specific cars I usually try and look every evening online on various sites. Lots of junk and lip stick on pigs these days but once in a while you will find a good deal. No different than looking for a newer used vehicle. If you are in a hurry you usually end up buying junk.

I have bought some nice cars the past few years including projects but I've looked at 1000 for everyone I bought.

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: Montclaire on April 09, 2019, 02:52:35 PM

Where do you see fiberglass?  That's a trunk mat.  Yeah it needs an interior and detailing.  But look at the door sills/jambs.  Look at the engine bay.  That's an honest, dry car. 

I stand corrected on the floor mat, however, I still stand by my comment that it's a mess. The bottoms of the rear quarters and rear valance are pretty mudded up and seeing the painted over Pentastar and the primer overspray in the door jambs screams of a quickie paint job. And that's just what you can see of the body glancing through pictures, and as we all know, everything looks better in pictures. 50 grand for a car that needs a full restoration is just waaaay too much. It's been for sale for a few weeks and if it was a deal, it would have sold a long time ago. The car does have potential, but his asking price is just too high for something that you'll end up dumping another 50 grand into.

Christianlondon

I e-mailed the Seller on the Yellow one thinking I could get a Bargain.He said the car needs going through as it has been sitting for quite a while and the best he could do was $46000  so that's not going to work.

Challenger340

Quote from: Christianlondon on April 09, 2019, 05:04:55 PM
I e-mailed the Seller on the Yellow one thinking I could get a Bargain.He said the car needs going through as it has been sitting for quite a while and the best he could do was $46000  so that's not going to work.

I guess I'm confused here ?
so I will offer my sincerest apologies beforehand, my intent is NOT to offend, but merely in clarification to the threads title being "Charger Buying Advice" ? and how anyone reading this may assist ?

Yesterday you said  "My actual budget for the car purchase is $45000 The shipping is extra.It has to be a 440 and Black"
and,
then Today...... you are phoning some guy on a YELLOW Bondo-Bucket P.O.S. "garage" find used up Lipstick on a Pig turd ? Trying for a Bargain ?

Just saying here....
are you looking for "advice" on individual/different candidate Cars as you find and present them ?
or,
more general "advice" around market conditions overall ?

If the latter ?
Then it should be fairly clear by now that anything in the way of a Real R/T, a GOOD one that is WORTH OWNING is probably NOT attainable on your $45K Budget.
and if the former....
By now it should also be equally evident that you should be seeking quality 318 or 383 examples up to the $45K Budget ?

Only wimps wear Bowties !

E86/A47

That yellow one does look like junk. What really gets me about it is the seller is asking a LOT of money for it but cannot be bothered to take 10 minutes to clean the garbage out of it!

Does anyone have the link to that Black one with the gold stripe on page 1? That one looks pretty sharp from the few pics posted. Any other good 69s out there for 50K or under? Not for me....I have mine.  :icon_smile_big:

VegasCharger

.....At 50 grand, I wouldn't buy that with your money! Take a look at that DNA encrusted interior and the fiberglass covered trunk floor pan. That car is a friggin' mess.

:smilielol: :smilielol:

Asking 50K and they can't clean out the trunk for picture presentation??? LAZY A$$ seller.