News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anyone know what these bolts do in the steering column

Started by kevs1969daytona, April 15, 2019, 01:19:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kevs1969daytona

So I am rebuilding my Steering Column 2 issues have been a problem first when the steering column is in the car the copuler (rag) is too short to put in the ring ping.  Also I have no idea what these bolts do, they have nothing to grab onto.  Read on line this is the bolts that hold the two pieces together but I must be missing something they seem to just fill a hole.  

kevs1969daytona

Figured it out I will leave the post up so the next guy wont be banging his head for hours.  They slip into those square hole the screw is loose in the hole.  The lip of the screw will grab the square hole.

green69rt

Quote from: kevs1969daytona on April 15, 2019, 02:30:03 AM
Figured it out I will leave the post up so the next guy wont be banging his head for hours.  They slip into those square hole the screw is loose in the hole.  The lip of the screw will grab the square hole.

Yeap, if you look at reply #1 on this thread, you can see that bolt.  Not easy to install.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,133398.msg1656324.html#msg1656324

mAdMoPaR

Thank you both! I was just about throw my column out the window!  :cheers: