News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Dynomax race bullets?

Started by mally69, April 16, 2019, 07:32:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mally69

Just playing with my exhaust some, trying diff things. i have a 3.5 inch collector and tried running 3inch straight pipes out the rear. Has to much of a cackle. Loud doesn't bother me. But the cackle does.  Soooo, kinda curious if the race bullets would eliminate the cackle but leave the lumpy cam sound I have.

mally69

Now the other 2 are flowmaster super 40s or dynomax ultraflows.  Kinda leaning towards those now. But keeping in mind inremoved my xpipe and I have straight duals now

303 Mopar

Exhaust tone and sound is purely an individuals liking. What I like and hear is probably vastly different than you.  Straight duals are going to give you more of an individual "pop" out of each pipe. Other than that, you can listen to a ton of videos which are only as good as the recording device or take opinions but until you actually hear the muffler on your car you will not be able to tell which you like the most.
1968 Charger - 1970 Cuda - 1969 Sport Satellite Convertible

mally69

That's a good point.  I ordered dynomax ultra flows , ill try them out and see. Def straight duals 3 inch out the assend sounds great at idle but other than that it sounds likes rattle can poping pig haha. I'll try these ultraflows and see

mopar0166

I run dynamax ultra flows with a 3 " straight exhaust.   love the sound    I have tried x pipes and h pipes not really a fan.   I also have cutouts to get the full experience as well. 

I been extremely happy with my setup and enjoy the sound every time.

mally69

Perfect , does it make any diff how far forward or how far backwards the mufflers are?

myk

Who installs X or H pipes for sound?  I ran an H and now an X pipe for performance.  I don't care what the guys at the show and shine think about my exhaust note.

I run Doug's headers with a 2" primary, X pipe and then 3" pipes into Dynomax Ultra-flo's.  The exhaust isn't as loud or as domineering as other exhausts but I know it flows and that's all that matters.  Sound quality is not unlike a new 5.0 mustang; raspy but it works...
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

mally69

I'm just trying new stuff to get a diff sound.  Straight duals no mufflers sound good with my build only at idle tho cackle to much under load mid to upper rpm

mopar0166

Yeah, I saw very little gain from dyno numbers using an x pipe or an  h pipe.  Both ended up in the scrap pile.  Personally it sounded like crap as well, if I wanted that kind of sound id buy a new charger.  My exhaust sound makes me happy ether driving though town or passing cars on the interstate. 

I'm running Doug's Headers D452 2" 4-Tube Full Length Header, Doug's Headers DEC300AK Electric Cut-Out 3" Pair with Hook-Up Kit, 3" exhaust and DynoMax® Ultra Flo™ Welded performance mufflers.   Never had an issue and performs extremely well.  Lets be honest the time the cutouts are closed completely is when the law is around.  running with the cutouts 1/8 to 1/4 open makes the whole setup sound and run nicely. 

mally69:   My mufflers are located close the stock location and the tail pipes are running near the stock location with 3" stock like tips. 

mally69

Your setup sounds close to mine. Have any vids of it? I guess ill find out what mine sounds like in a few hours

Vegas_Nick

I just put them on the 71 car. I love the sound!

https://youtu.be/WRjHyn41iAM

Hooker Super Comp Headers.

mally69

That sounds pretty good. I ended up buying ultraflows. It's kinda quiet at idle but it's decently load when opened up. Has a deep throaty sound. Wished it were a tad louder tho

mopar0166

my exhaust is just enough for street play when cutouts are closed 100%.  but lets be honest I rarely have my cutout closed all the way.  it gains better flow and sound just cracking the cutouts.   I highly recommend dougs headers products.  and Dynamax mufflers if ya want the classic muscle sound. 

c00nhunterjoe

I just switched to the new flowmaster fx muffler. Put them on my crownvic with handmade 2.5 inch pipes, h pipe, gutted cats. It has the angry epic muscle car sound, not the tin can modern muscle sound. Same basic design as the magnaflow and ultraflo mufflers at a fraction of the price yet still stainless. I am very pleased.