News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Latest thoughts on Zinc and additives

Started by Kevin68N71, April 18, 2019, 11:39:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

c00nhunterjoe

bakerhillpins

Quote from: c00nhunterjoe on May 31, 2019, 09:51:59 AM
Sign's 2nd sentence clearly state "reccomended for all diesel engines"

Quoterecommended - advised or suggested as good or suitable.

There's nothing in that statement that states that it is the correct fuel for every application/engine.  It's simply a recommendation, it's up to the user to validate correct application.  In fact your probably never going to see that because there is always an exception.

Quote from: c00nhunterjoe on May 31, 2019, 09:55:37 AM
https://www.epa.gov/diesel-fuel-standards/diesel-fuel-standards-and-rulemakings

Or you can read it on the governments own website. Same about gasoline.

I've read through several pages of the on road information. Unless I'm missing something that you can point me to I don't see any text that specifically states that these fuels are, or are not, backwards compatible with ALL diesel engines. It's lots of information on the supported levels of sulfur, emissions, phase in years, and year of required support by vehicle MFGs. I don't see anything beyond that.

One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

John_Kunkel

The big problem with the low-sulfur fuel in older engines is the fuel system O rings, the older O rings would shrink and were replaced by a different material that also shrank with age...the latest O ring material seems top be holding up.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.