News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anyone running Firestone Wide Oval?

Started by Rocking Ghost, April 21, 2019, 03:24:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rocking Ghost

I love the look of the Firestone Wide Oval tire i'm thinking of putting a set on my -68 Charger.
7x15" with dog dish caps.
Should I go for the F70 or G70?
Anyone tried the new radial type?
Would be nice to see pics of Chargers with the Wide Oval, thanks!

mr. hemi

Look at my avatar. F70x15 Wide Oval redlines.
You know you are vintage when someone says, "Back in the day", and you can dispute their facts.

Rocking Ghost

Quote from: mr. hemi on April 22, 2019, 05:39:57 AM
Look at my avatar. F70x15 Wide Oval redlines.

Looking great!  :2thumbs:
What is the width of the rims?
Do you have any high res. pics?

panhead

Here is a picture of my C500 with polyglass G70-15's. I take them off during the winter months so I don't get flat spots from setting.

I'll be running the FR70-15 redline rad on my Daytona clone when its road ready.

Curt
69' Dodge Charger 500
69' Dodge Daytona "Replica"

Rocking Ghost

Quote from: panhead on April 22, 2019, 11:10:37 AM
Here is a picture of my C500 with polyglass G70-15's. I take them off during the winter months so I don't get flat spots from setting.

I'll be running the FR70-15 redline rad on my Daytona clone when its road ready.

Curt

Looks great!

Why do you choose the FR70 instead of the GR70 for the Daytona?

//Andreas

panhead

Quote from: Rocking Ghost on April 25, 2019, 03:49:41 AM
Quote from: panhead on April 22, 2019, 11:10:37 AM

Curt

Looks great!

Why do you choose the FR70 instead of the GR70 for the Daytona?

//Andre

Originally, I was going to run the F70-15 polyglass for the look and it was an opinion. I found that Coker tire offers them as a radial tire (yesterdays look with todays technology) that way I don't have to worry about getting flat spots on the tires as they sit over the winter months, this is why I'm going them plus the ride. If they didn't offer them in a radial I would run the standard F70's.  The G70's where on the recall wheels when I bought them. They are a good tire and ride real nice, if your roads are any good.

Curt
69' Dodge Charger 500
69' Dodge Daytona "Replica"

smallhurst

I deal with all of the reproduction tires.  Give me a call and I can help.  My cell is 816-654-3400.
Russell Small
1969 Hurst/ Olds
13.26@ 103
Pure Stock is the way to rock!!!