News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Painting inside of new rear 1/4s

Started by westcoastdodge, April 27, 2019, 09:22:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

westcoastdodge

hows it goin guys,just at the point of the rebuild now where all my panels are screwed into place and all my panel gaps are looking great, i want to treat/paint the inside of the rear 1/4s before final spot welding.My idea was to scuff the edp coating then prime it using this
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/U-pol-2K-High-Build-BLACK-5L-Car-Primer-S2025-4L-1L-EXTRA-FAST-Hardener-Activat/221485236393?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649
then use some stonechip masked off on the inside to try and replicate the original look.will do the top coat/overspray affect once the panel is in place,does this sound ok.car will be painted black,i am in the uk so some products over here are different :2thumbs: :coolgleamA: :shruggy: :cheers:
cheers guys
I don't care what is is designed to do,I want to know what it can do.
Gene Kranz

westcoastdodge

so guys this is what i ended up going with,used the raptor epoxy primer then used the raptor finish similar to how mine originally where from the factory,looks good in the flesh,thoughts?? :scratchchin: :cheers:
Gene Kranz

westcoastdodge

ready to go on with the weld through primer on :2thumbs:
Gene Kranz

Kern Dog

It is strange seeing a quarter panel like that from the back side!
Good choice on the coating. These panels need something to add density. I am amazed at how easy these cars can be cut apart using just a Sawzall. They really are just a series of thin metal panels welded together. Quarter skins are flimsy and super flexible until they are welded into place.
THIS is what I did last weekend:

funknut

Looks good for sure!  I was looking at Raptor Liner for doing wheel wells and possibly undercoating.  Reviews I've seen have been very good and should last a long time.  It's pretty rigid when it dries, so should provide more structure than a rubberized undercoating would.