News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

how much for ac

Started by tom-cat, April 28, 2019, 03:08:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tom-cat

so i have a guy installing the ac on my 69 charger and when i say install i mean everything from controls ,vac lines, compressor evaporator , EVERYTHING ! so what kinda price would you say this job would be ? i have all new parts already. ty

lukedukem

He didn't give you a quote? 
I'd ask him for a quote.

If you have all the parts, is it just labor he is charging for?
1969 Charger XP29F9B226768
1981 CJ7 I6 258ci
2016 F150, 5.0, FX4, CC

gtx6970

Going to depend A LOT on how complicated the kit is to install.

That said I would dare make a guess at a starting point of  $500 at a minimum  , but I could easily see it reach $1500 quickly

I converted a non air 1970 Cuda  to aftermkt air.
Trust me, it was a A LOT of work . Making brackets to mount the ac box to non ac box mounting points ( didnt want to drill more holes in it just in case owner ever wanted to go back to stock someday )  Engine pulleys didnt line up , had to make  ac condenser mounting points to keep the drier from interfering with the grill ,, etc etc etc.

Trust me these aftermkt ac kits are a long way from one fits all.,,,,especially a Mopar application.

tom-cat

Hey Luke yes it's just for the labor, and he basically had to do the entire thing . I put in the evaporator but didn't do any wiring ,

tom-cat