News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Can you identify this shield ?

Started by chargernut69, May 02, 2019, 10:39:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chargernut69

Well, I'm finally back to restoring my '69 Charger R/T clone and trying to remember what parts are what.

So I found this shield I had repainted with Chassis Black, but can't remember what it is for...  :o

Can you identify it please ?    Thanks.     There is a number of "3WL50" or "SWL50" marked on it....

BLK 68 R/T

I think it's this?

chargernut69

Ahhhh...   looks like the metal piece that the headlight splash shield clips to.     Thanks for the help. 

I only found one...   guess I need to check through my parts bin again.  :-\

green69rt

picture of it installed.  Fender upside down.

BLK 68 R/T

Just 6T9 CHGR

Hmm....that doesn't look like the piece you are referring to.  That piece is actually part of the fender & not removable....
Cant recall where that piece you have pictured might be on a '69  :shruggy:

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

A383Wing

Isn't is the protective shield on the drivers side frame rail to stop snow & slush from packing into the auto trans linkage?

Bryan

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: A383Wing on May 03, 2019, 05:28:46 PM
Isn't is the protective shield on the drivers side frame rail to stop snow & slush from packing into the auto trans linkage?

Bryan

Nah thats this....

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

green69rt

The piece that the OP shows is actually spot welded to the inside of the fender.  I just used screws and the gaskets to hold mine in place.

chargernut69

Quote from: green69rt on May 02, 2019, 06:42:06 PM

Ok, thanks....  Is there one on both fenders ?

Can't seem to find a 2nd one in my parts boxes.

green69rt

Quote from: chargernut69 on May 04, 2019, 06:31:10 PM
Quote from: green69rt on May 02, 2019, 06:42:06 PM

Ok, thanks....  Is there one on both fenders ?

Can't seem to find a 2nd one in my parts boxes.

Yeap, mirror images.

gtx6970

Forward upper inner fender splash shield as mentioned.

Original its screwed in place, repop fenders its welded in place

green69rt

Quote from: gtx6970 on May 06, 2019, 10:27:40 PM

Yes, I forgot that.  AMD tack welds them in for shipping.

chargernut69

Quote from: green69rt on May 07, 2019, 08:01:06 AM
Quote from: gtx6970 on May 06, 2019, 10:27:40 PM

Yes, I forgot that.  AMD tack welds them in for shipping.

Ok, Mitch, gtx6970..  thanks.       

I sent a message to AMD, and they told me that the shields are only sold with the fenders....   I was hoping it would be a separate part.

I'll keep my eyes pealed on eBay, or make up my own for the missing one.   It's a pretty simple bend...

green69rt

It looks like you have the driver side shield.  Please confirm.  I have an extra pass side shield if you want it.  Picture attached.  Only surface rust and under coating.

chargernut69

Quote from: green69rt on May 07, 2019, 02:41:36 PM
It looks like you have the driver side shield.  Please confirm.  I have an extra pass side shield if you want it.  Picture attached.  Only surface rust and under coating.

Yes, that would be great !   :)   Send me an email ( chargernut69@yahoo.com )  and we can sort out details for payment/shipping ...    Thanks.

green69rt

Quote from: chargernut69 on May 08, 2019, 09:04:38 AM
Quote from: green69rt on May 07, 2019, 02:41:36 PM

Yes, that would be great !   :)   Send me an email ( chargernut69@yahoo.com )  and we can sort out details for payment/shipping ...    Thanks.

Email sent.