DodgeCharger.com Forum
July 19, 2019, 10:25:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: DodgeCharger.com decals are available here!

Home   Help Calendar Login Register Chat  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Superbird Negative Battery Cable Ground Wire Screw Question  (Read 1085 times)
Mopar John
Old Timer

« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2019, 06:38:40 PM »

Man I've got some real head scratching going on now... I know my vacuuum lines/wire harness is run wrong through here (and not over the support), but I don't even have the welded in nutzert.. or a hole for same!
Wayne,
 I got a lot of different scenarios from this topic.
I don't know the history of your car but your drivers side core support panel looks like a 1969 version.
They didn't have a ground wire so no need for the hole and weld nut.
I went back down to the basement and took a picture of my 1969 core support for you to think about.
MJ

* MAY 5831.JPG (371.18 KB, 1200x900 - viewed 105 times.)

Mopar John
Old Timer

« Reply #26 on: May 27, 2019, 06:40:10 PM »

i recognize that basement parts stash, and may or may not have lightened the core support supply by one
Ernie,
 You are correct there are only 4 down there now!
MJ

birdsandbees
Old Timer

Ontario, Canada

« Reply #27 on: May 27, 2019, 07:20:26 PM »

Man I've got some real head scratching going on now... I know my vacuuum lines/wire harness is run wrong through here (and not over the support), but I don't even have the welded in nutzert.. or a hole for same!
Wayne,
 I got a lot of different scenarios from this topic.
I don't know the history of your car but your drivers side core support panel looks like a 1969 version.
They didn't have a ground wire so no need for the hole and weld nut.
I went back down to the basement and took a picture of my 1969 core support for you to think about.
MJ

Thanks John... if you look close in my picture you'll even see the arrow is there! AFAIK it's the original support, panel is spot welded in place. Only thing I haven't confirmed is if the VIN stamp is under my radiator decal, but will be doing that soon.

1970 'Bird RM23UOA170163
1969 'Bee WM21H9A230241
Talkiemoparjr

« Reply #28 on: May 28, 2019, 07:02:37 PM »

I worked my way thru my dads (The Original Talkiemopar) basement to his garage, removed some boxes and this is what's on his 167,000 Bird.

I was afraid if I tried to explain how to use his flip phone to take a picture and send it to me I would get nowhere after 4 hours of explaining how brickwall brickwall brickwall shruggy I cut my losses and stopped in for a visit

* IMG_20190528_190053.jpg (347.36 KB, 1753x1552 - viewed 107 times.)
Birdflu

« Reply #29 on: May 28, 2019, 09:38:01 PM »

Is it the consensus that the ground wire and connector should NOT have any type of paint or overspray on it?
62 Max
Old Timer

« Reply #30 on: May 29, 2019, 08:03:16 AM »

Is it the consensus that the ground wire and connector should NOT have any type of paint or overspray on it?

I would "assume" that if the ground wire had paint,the bolt would also,nobody is going to paint the wire end before attaching. shruggy

Picture from above.

* 6757.JPG (222.54 KB, 1200x900 - viewed 71 times.)
Mopar John
Old Timer

« Reply #31 on: May 29, 2019, 08:52:37 AM »

I worked my way thru my dads (The Original Talkiemopar) basement to his garage, removed some boxes and this is what's on his 167,000 Bird.

I was afraid if I tried to explain how to use his flip phone to take a picture and send it to me I would get nowhere after 4 hours of explaining how brickwall brickwall brickwall shruggy I cut my losses and stopped in for a visit
Talkiemoparjr,
 Thanks for your efforts to show us another original example of the screw!
If you look close you can see the logo on the head originally posted by chaaargerb!
MJ

Mopar John
Old Timer

« Reply #32 on: May 29, 2019, 08:58:26 AM »

I would "assume" that if the ground wire had paint,the bolt would also,nobody is going to paint the wire end before attaching. shruggy

Picture from above.

62 Max,
The ground wire is part of the negative battery cable that was attached to the engine when painted.
There was usually more paint away from the battery terminal and closer to the engine where the end of the ground wire was.
The ground wire would have been attached to the core support later when the engine was installed.
So it is my understanding that the mounting screw would not be painted.
MJ

maxwellwedge
Old Timer

« Reply #33 on: May 29, 2019, 10:02:53 AM »

Picture from above.

62 Max,
The ground wire is part of the negative battery cable that was attached to the engine when painted.
There was usually more paint away from the battery terminal and closer to the engine where the end of the ground wire was.
The ground wire would have been attached to the core support later when the engine was installed.
MJ

That is correct John. How much paint that is on the negative cable varies by where it was hanging and the person painting the engine. On my 69 GTX the extra rear ground cable actually had masking tape around the eyelet (remnants are still on it) to keep paint off of it during the engine painting.
62 Max
Old Timer

« Reply #34 on: May 29, 2019, 11:48:47 AM »

Picture from above.

62 Max,
MJ

( How much paint that is on the negative cable varies by where it was hanging and the person painting the engine.)

This is the part that I left out,I would assume the amount of paint would be variable depending on the paint process although  the majority of what I've seen were only partially painted including my original that it here somewhere,If my memory hasn't completely left me,I am thinking was only about 1/3  of the cable had paint.
Mopar John
Old Timer

« Reply #35 on: May 29, 2019, 03:53:44 PM »

Engine Assembly Paint
 I went back through the pictures and found the engine assembly before and after paint.
These pictures will help show how the end of the ground wire part of the negative battery cable got painted.
I am sure this was different in production from where the wire hung and who was painting the engines.
MJ

* SUPERBIRD ENG ASSY.jpg (197.58 KB, 685x513 - viewed 53 times.)

* Superbird Eng Painted.jpg (137.58 KB, 750x562 - viewed 55 times.)

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: