News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Any body got the part numbers for turn signal flasher and emergency flasher.

Started by green69rt, May 07, 2019, 03:32:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

green69rt

I have a bunch of flashers, mostly they say 552/536.  A few with 175.  Plus a few misc others.  Any one know the correct ones?

cdr

LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

cdr

LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

John_Kunkel

Considering that the T/S flasher only runs two bulbs at a time and the hazard flasher runs four bulbs at a time, it makes sense they are different. (different current load)
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

green69rt

Quote from: John_Kunkel on May 09, 2019, 11:51:48 AM
Considering that the T/S flasher only runs two bulbs at a time and the hazard flasher runs four bulbs at a time, it makes sense they are different. (different current load)

Yeah, looking at parts there is a regular flasher with 12 amp capacity and one with 20 amp (heavy duty).  Since my 69 has two turn signal bulbs in the back on each side, the front tun signal, hood indicators and the dash indicators (five bulbs for each side), makes sense to me to use the 20 amp for hazard flasher and the 12 amp for turn signal.   :shruggy: