News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1969 Charger Generallee RT 440 4-speed (For sale) in Holland Question.

Started by Mikesmoparperformance, May 07, 2019, 06:02:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mikesmoparperformance

Hi Guys,

(THIS IS NOT A FORSALE CAR BY ME!!) I just need some information about it

I found this General Lee for sale in Holland my Place :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :drool5: :drool5 : It is a auction they think its gonna be 64.000 euro :shruggy: but could go for less if there are less bidders :2thumbs: :popcrn: :popcrn:.
But I check the VIN XS29L9B302607 and found out that I saw this car before some years back with out the GL Decals..
My question is do any of you know this car and his history? Who has restored it ect?

Thanks. Gonna check it out Saturday they have view days :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :cheers:

Besides this infomation about it, is there more?

Old ad copie :cheers:

(1969 Dodge Charger R/T 440 4-Speed

I have up for sell, 1969 Dodge Charger R/T

I'll start with the interior; It has new seats front and rear, ew dash, ew dash light,new door panels, ew instument cluster, ew console, ew arm rest, oor pulls, indow rollers, ew carpet, ew trim,newR/T floor mats. All interior is new. The interior does need the new head liner, indshield pillers and dome light installed. All new andcomes with car. All new glass, ll around with new door rubbers/weather stripping.
Car is rock solid!!
Exterior; Had new rear quarter panels installed, ew fenders, ood, rill, umpers, ll marker lights and turn signals, all lights/etc. Has all stainlesstrim. New door handels.Has Dukes of Hazzard/General LeeDixieHorn, ukes of Hazzard/General Lee push bumper.
Engine; Completely rebuilt 440 with new Edlebrock intake, rand new Edlebrock carb., .30 over bore. Reconditioned heads, eadman headers, lectronic distributor. Comp cam, am bearings, ings, askets, iming chain, lug wires,etc. ALL NEW!!
Transmission; Matching 69 Charger 4-Speed A833. Has all new bearings and syncronizers. New clutch, lywheel, ressure plate. Hurst Shifter with console Hurst shifter handle. Has a new backup/reverse light switch in the transmission. New U-joints in the driveshaft.
Brakes; All new wheel cylinders, aster cylinders, otors, alipers, ads, hoes, nd disk brakes on the front. Car has power steering, ew radiator and hoses, elts. All electronics under the hood, iper motor, indshield washer fluid sprayer, VERYTHING on the firewall is new. New starter, ew alternator.
Exhaust; New exhaust with Flowmasters
The car runs and drives GREAT!! Like a Cadilac.... VERY VERY powerful and smooth and fast!
:2thumbs:)

http://findclassicars.com/dodge/97883-1969-dodge-charger-rt-hardtop-2-door-72l-440-4-speed.html

https://www.marktplaats.nl/a/auto-s/oldtimers/m1407872966-dodge-charger-general-lee.html?c=8c285449651fa109c354bbabe740c1b&previousPage=lr

MOPAR OR NO CAR

1966 Dodge Charger 383 CI

E86/A47

Converted to us it's like 71k! Seems like a lot. A couple minor things that could mean there are bigger things to worry about, rear valance corners are heavily mudded on, how much would door locks cost and it has the vinyl top trim. I'd like that car without the decals, push bar and vector wheels.

Mikesmoparperformance

Quote from: E86/A47 on May 07, 2019, 06:55:32 PM
Converted to us it's like 71k! Seems like a lot. A couple minor things that could mean there are bigger things to worry about, rear valance corners are heavily mudded on, how much would door locks cost and it has the vinyl top trim. I'd like that car without the decals, push bar and vector wheels.

Me to a 4-speed needs to be with out de decals.. Not a General. Yes it is alot I think it is full of bondo.. so I gonna check it with a magnet to see how the car is.. Door locks will not cost that much.
MOPAR OR NO CAR

Lennard

Things I noticed: Inside rear window trim is hanging loose, door lock rods are gone, it has an 8 track dashboard but the 8 track radio is gone, the headrests are recovered, rear valance corner seams are gone, the rear license plate is screwed onto the rear valance instead of the rear bumper, back up light bezels are painted black, 1970 gauge cluster bezel and woodgrain steering wheel.

orange383

Drivers rear quarter looks off to me. Slightly wider than it should be where it meets the rocker and wheel arch lip looks too wide!

chargervert

That car looks like it came from Lake Villa in Illinois. I would do a full inspection in person before parting with your money.

Mike DC

QuoteConverted to us it's like 71k! Seems like a lot. A couple minor things that could mean there are bigger things to worry about, rear valance corners are heavily mudded on, how much would door locks cost and it has the vinyl top trim. I'd like that car without the decals, push bar and vector wheels.

Vinyl top trim is a General Lee thing.  Most of the TV series cars had it.  In the later seasons they were adding it onto cars that didn't start with it.

The Charger emblems above the vinyl top trim are wrong for the TV series, though.    

--------------------

The car in the ad looks too nice for a Lake Villa car.  But it's not nice enough to be a top notch build.  Look for bondo.  

Just 6T9 CHGR

back in 2007 that was on eBay as a project car located in St. Clair MI, USA

Originally R6/black interior/black vinyl top Stripe delete
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

alfaitalia

"......and drives GREAT!! Like a Cadilac......... " .....and that's supposed to be a selling point! LOL....not that he can spell Cadillac!!!
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

VegasCharger

WOW that battery hold down bracket! WTF! Is that supposed to be selling point too?

As for the door lock rods missing, I'm thinking there's some Bo & Luke Duke acting by jumping in the GL like they did on the show.

:cheers:

tan top

:iagree:  a number of things wrong & or don't look good / poor body work etc , & for the asking price should be perfect & then some IMO
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Mikesmoparperformance

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on May 08, 2019, 07:50:47 PM
back in 2007 that was on eBay as a project car located in St. Clair MI, USA

Originally R6/black interior/black vinyl top Stripe delete

Tnx for the before pictures! It a shame it is a GL then would had been a Great RT
MOPAR OR NO CAR

Mikesmoparperformance

Quote from: VegasCharger on June 08, 2019, 02:18:21 PM
WOW that battery hold down bracket! WTF! Is that supposed to be selling point too?

As for the door lock rods missing, I'm thinking there's some Bo & Luke Duke acting by jumping in the GL like they did on the show.

:cheers:

Haha LoL I think so. We all want to be Bo or Luke
MOPAR OR NO CAR

Mikesmoparperformance

Quote from: tan top on June 08, 2019, 02:50:22 PM

:iagree:  a number of things wrong & or don't look good / poor body work etc , & for the asking price should be perfect & then some IMO

Yes your Right.. Well the auction has past sorry for the late Reply guys I did Read it do.. :2thumbs: It was sold for 37.000euro with auction kost 5.500 it should go for 42.550 euro :popcrn: but it did not sold the owner wants 65.000 euros for it :slap: and not a penny less HE IS NUTS! :brickwall:
I check the car out and you guys where right.. Looks like a quick flip car.. Paint not good rust under it..  :eek2: Interior all paint.. :rotz: back window molding inside was hanging lose.. :rotz: :rotz: :rotz: Under the car it looks Oke.. :2thumbs: But boy this car is not Worth 64.000 euros.. :o :o 42max maybe because it is a R/T 4-speed 440.. I keep looking forward. Thanks for all the advise guys :cheers:
MOPAR OR NO CAR

Mikesmoparperformance

Quote from: chargervert on May 08, 2019, 08:01:49 AM
That car looks like it came from Lake Villa in Illinois. I would do a full inspection in person before parting with your money.

I did sir and it was terrible.. it needs work to make it better.
MOPAR OR NO CAR