News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

cluster voltage limiter

Started by John G, May 14, 2019, 01:02:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John G

Hey all  there is a prong on the backside of the limiter. Is this supposed to be grounded?  I don;t see it clearly in the wiring diagram.

thanks

Dino

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

doctor4766

Quote from: Dino on May 22, 2019, 09:05:39 PM
Nope, no ground.
I thought the casing was grounded though right?
Gotta love a '69

John G

thanks guys   I thought I read that the cluster was grounded when screwed in but do you know if it's one screw in particular the makes the ground? 

Dino

Yes the casing grounds onto the circuit board and the instrument cluster screws ground the whole unit to the dash.

John G

Highbanked Hauler

Is there an advantage to installing a NEW solid state I guess they are voltage limiter ?
69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

Dino

Quote from: Highbanked Hauler on May 31, 2019, 09:19:47 AM
Is there an advantage to installing a NEW solid state I guess they are voltage limiter ?

Yep, good added security. RTE IVR4 is what you need.

John G

thanks for the tip   
I did get a new one and installed it but gauges still not working -- I'm getting too old to keep sticking my head under the dash!

Dino

Quote from: John G on June 01, 2019, 04:42:17 PM
thanks for the tip   
I did get a new one and installed it but gauges still not working -- I'm getting too old to keep sticking my head under the dash!

Remove the circuit board and solder the pins to the board. That'll fix it. Common issue.