News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

2nd gen project Charger

Started by bigdsul, May 18, 2019, 07:31:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigdsul

I'm looking to see if there is a decent body rolling Dodge Charger project anyone is looking to sell. I'd like to see something that at least has the metal work done. I am hoping to find a car that has a complete dash, console gauges, and grill that I can toss a motor and transmission in and build up as time allows. I'd like to get a 69 but I'm also open to a 70 as well. I'd entertain a 68 but those seem hardest to come by as of late.

bigdsul

Not a hit in over a month lol. I guess this place is drying up.

chargervert

I have a 70 Charger R / T, V code 440 Sixpack automatic car that I am going to sell. It came from California.  It has the matching numbers engine, and fender tag. The car is very solid, but does need some metal work.  I am going to put it on E bay soon,the reserve is going to be 35 thousand. I'm not sure what your budget is,but this is a 100 grand car restored. Let me know if this is something that you would be interested in.  Thanks Pete.

Challenger340

Quote from: bigdsul on June 19, 2019, 01:33:48 AM
Not a hit in over a month lol. I guess this place is drying up.

I don't the place is drying up, I think the availability of decent/complete rolling chassis that you can drop and Engine/Trans into are mostly gone ?
You know....  those with metal work completed, and as you said "Grill, Console/Gauges/Dash" there hopefully ?
Just say'in here...
I'll take a dozen as well ?
Only wimps wear Bowties !

Wasco

They are still out there.  It takes time, and sometimes crazy luck to be in the right place and the right time.  You see stories like that all the time here and on other forums.  Just keep asking around, go to car shows, etc.  A friend found mine on craigslist over Memorial Day weekend - the guy had it stashed for 25 years and had never posted anything on Craigslist before.  He'd had calls from all over the country, but it was only an hour's drive away from me and I happen to have the funds.  He was cool, not prepared for or interested in dealing with the online circus, took $400 earnest money (non-refundable) to hold it a week so I could get a truck and trailer rented and take a day off from work.  He even emailed me to make sure I had copied the Craigslist ad before he took it down.  Probably a rare example these days, but keep shaking those trees and looking in back yards (during the day) and you never know.

4406pack

If you were closer I have a 70 shell no drive train but everything else is there. Tennessee
2016 echo diesel dodge ram 1970 rt/se dodge charger

bigdsul

Quote from: 4406pack on July 11, 2019, 05:03:38 PM
If you were closer I have a 70 shell no drive train but everything else is there. Tennessee

Sent you a PM

bigdsul

Still looking for a car. The car that was in Tennessee was sold at the beginning of the year. It was the closest thing to what I was looking for but the seller decided to pass on the bodywork and sell the car as is.

Still looking for a project car that is at least able to roll and has the body work done.

Ideally I'd like to find a car with a complete dash and grill. The rest I can work on in my garage. The bodywork is the only thing that is truly beyond my skillset and I definitely don't have the tools for it.

bigdsul

Still looking guys. Found a couple on Facebook these last few months. One was a driver that ended up in a major fender bender just before finalizing the deal and the other car ended up being not the car in the add.

I have a painter who does amazing work and can do body work just not cheaply. So I'm still looking for a car with the body work done to it and ready to be blocked, primed, and painted.

Preferably a 69 or a 70. Would consider a 68 as well. I have 20k for the right car so please show me what you have. My cellphone number is 661 302 0460 email address is danyelsulenski@gmail.com

bigdsul

Found a EB3 70 R/T bought it and bringing it home after the bodywork is done  :icon_smile_big: